Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

That's the case when you go on newspapers websites John, the article was from the 14th January 2010 but it's the 17th of October today.

Surely than it was a blow to the credibility on the 14th of January last year? A blow that actually didn't knock the credibility?

I dont have figures to hand right now, but what I will say is this, the Tories tend to do the thankless, unsexy job of getting the countries books in order, then when they do Labour get voted in, go ape ****, then the Tories are put back in to pick up the pieces again, and round and round in circles it goes.

If that was true, then how would you explain the high deficit levels from 1992-98 when they had been in power for 13 years.

These figures would have been a lot of worse as well if they hadn't have benefitted from £55 Billion pounds worth of North Sea Oil revenue.

Reality is, most of it went on paying people to be unemployed and this current lot are making the same mistakes.

http://www.gfmag.com/tools/global-database/economic-data/10395-public-deficit-by-country.html#axzz1VZQBVP9j

Surely than it was a blow to the credibility on the 14th of January last year? A blow that actually didn't knock the credibility?

A lot of folk may not have seen the article on the 14th of January last year. Do you think a health secretary who is being bankrolled by the head of one of the biggest private health providers to the NHS is credible?

A lot of folk may not have seen the article on the 14th of January last year. Do you think a health secretary who is being bankrolled by the head of one of the biggest private health providers to the NHS is credible?

This chap was on Question Time last week and got ripped apart by a G.P.

Apparently the new legislation for the changes mentions the word "competition" 86 times but we aren't going to see privatisation.

As opposed to the Labour's Director-General for Commissioning and System Management Mark Britnell who was quoted as saying:

“In future, The NHS will be a state insurance provider not a state deliverer. The NHS will be shown no mercy and the best time to take advantage of this will be in the next couple of years.”

The truth is that nobody has gone as far as the previous Labour government has in privatising the NHS.

in a word no but the tories on here wont beleive it :huh:

Archived