Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

Nope, and neither are you.

Doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about "no doubt"

Nothing wrong with allowing people to educate themselves near to where they live.

Well, not in the la-la land in which you live (of course). Most people know better.

Go and educate yourself!:hihi::loopy:

There's only one excuse isn't there that's wheeled time and time again - Thatcher!

Managed to get a good education despite Milk Snatcher's policies ravaging Sheffield's schools in the '80's but I suppose neither of you were in Sheffield then.

Managed to get a good education despite Milk Snatcher's policies ravaging Sheffield's schools in the '80's but I suppose neither of you were in Sheffield then.

I was raised in an area of the country where you were never guaranteed a job when you left school, the only guarantee to a job was hard work. A job was never seen as a right, it was something that you had to earn.

Military

Police

Fire Brigade

Judiciary

Prison Service

Adult social services (when you get older)

Road Safety

Added: Are you just going to add to the list as you think of them?

The Conservatives don't spend more wisely, they just spend less for an inferior service.

Every single one of those is delivered in substantial part by the private sector, cheaper and more efficiently than the public sector had done previously. Much of that was increased tremendously (and rightly) under the previous Labour government.

It's a mistake to continue with the ridiculous and false idea that only the public sector should (or do) deliver government funded services. Government should be a simple and efficient procurer of collective services on behalf of citizens. With few exceptions, it should not be the deliverer.

I was raised in an area of the country where you were never guaranteed a job when you left school, the only guarantee to a job was hard work. A job was never seen as a right, it was something that you had to earn.

:huh:Certainly wasn't the case in Sheffield as the Cons privatisation of the steel industry and disastrous policies were throwing tens of thousands of people on to the dole queues, infact there wasn't a city hit as badly by the Cons policies as Sheffield.

:huh:Certainly wasn't the case in Sheffield as the Cons privatisation of the steel industry and disastrous policies were throwing tens of thousands of people on to the dole queues, infact there wasn't a city hit as badly by the Cons policies as Sheffield.

So you're saying that it was never the case in Sheffield that you were almost guaranteed a job when you left school irrespective of the qualifications you gained? Also was it not the case that you could walk out of a job on Friday and be in a new job by Monday?

Plenty of people tell me this was the Sheffield that they grew up in.

Archived