Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

The high risk investment banking has continued, continuing to use retail banking funds and a taxpayer backstop as collateral. The bonuses are still huge. No attempt has been made to bring shadow banking under control. The head of HMRC is seemingly out of control of government, doing sweetheart deals with banks that cheat the country out of tens of millions. Multiple regulatory failures all over the shop. Nothing concrete or urgent done to sort it.

The Tories are still in the pockets of the banks. They will pay lip service to Vickers. The banks will be substantially unchanged in 2019. Labour aren't much better either - they would still be doing what they were told as well. Vince Cable talked the talk but ne's been neutered since getting into government. Like I said it requires a collective understanding between the parties but none of them will face up to the banks.

I don't recall hearing Ed Balls apologising for any of those things and they aren’t mentioned in the link.

The 61 people who clicked yes, seriously need to educate themselves and stop reading our gutter press.
I'm reasonably well-educated, prefer a broadsheet, vote Tory and largely support what the government is doing, certainly as far as the austerity measures go.

Don't forget, most of the professional and educated classes are Conservative voters as a result of their social education, not the influence of the tabloid columnists. I'm sorry if that grates on your misconceptions too badly.

147 Companies control the world....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceupbin/2011/10/22/the-147-companies-that-control-everything/

You'll find No 1 is Barclays.

Wake up people. Your politicians dont care about you. Your merely pawns on their chess board.

That list isn’t much of a surprise.

There’s nothing like stating the obvious.

I'm reasonably well-educated, prefer a broadsheet, vote Tory and largely support what the government is doing, certainly as far as the austerity measures go.

Don't forget, most of the professional and educated classes are Conservative voters as a result of their social education, not the influence of the tabloid columnists. I'm sorry if that grates on your misconceptions too badly.

Didn't someone say something about pinning a blue rosette on a donkey and people will still vote for it?

147 Companies control the world....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceupbin/2011/10/22/the-147-companies-that-control-everything/

You'll find No 1 is Barclays.

Wake up people. Your politicians dont care about you. Your merely pawns on their chess board.

I live in relative comfort, safety, food is plentiful, I'm at ease enough to spend some of my spare time on Sheffield Forum etc etc etc. Yeah, Barclays and the politicians are really screwing me over :roll:

Archived