Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

I agree with this. There should be a wage premium for workers who benefit and develop society. I think a doctor as more valuable to us than the average investment banker. Yet they get paid less and that is wrong.

Could that because it is the investment bankers taxes that pay for the doctor and not the doctors taxes that pay the investment bankers wages. The only way to change it would be for doctors to be private and charge their patients more than they could afford and the investment banker to be employed by the state. It wouldn’t work.

Could that because it is the investment bankers taxes that pay for the doctor and not the doctors taxes that pay the investment bankers wages. The only way to change it would be for doctors to be private and charge their patients more than they could afford and the investment banker to be employed by the state. It wouldn’t work.

This is a common misconception.

What service do the investment bankers do for society?

Could that because it is the investment bankers taxes that pay for the doctor

This falls through because it is the taxpayers money that is supporting banking at the minute. They've lost wealth. They've lost wealth on such a scale that hasn't been seen since 1929.

Investment banking in its current form is a relatively new thing. We managed quite well without the current shower before the 1970s. The investment bankers have required a £850bn bailout package in the UK too and that has badly damaged society.

There are alternatives. Not communism. Not capitalism either.

Investment banking in its current form is a relatively new thing. We managed quite well without the current shower before the 1970s. The investment bankers have required a £850bn bailout package in the UK too and that has badly damaged society.

There are alternatives. Not communism. Not capitalism either.

Not a dun dun dun.... mixed economy.... you extremist! :D

This falls through because it is the taxpayers money that is supporting banking at the minute. They've lost wealth. They've losty wealth on such a scale that hasn't been seen since 1929.

It isn't the taxpayer’s money, its borrowed money that was used to refinance the banks.

The tax payer doesn’t pay enough into the system hence the reason we have a huge deficit and massive debts.

It isn't the taxpayer’s money, its borrowed money that was used to refinance the banks.

The tax payer doesn’t pay enough into the system hence the reason we have a huge deficit and massive debts.

?????

The borrowed money thats being used to pay the banks (in your assumptions) is money that has to be paid by the tax payer.

Doh!

Archived