Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

So what do you Tories think of the news that university applications for 2012 are down 9%?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-15430180

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/big_drop_in_university_applications_for_2012

When I predicted that there would be reduction in student numbers (on another thread) all the Tory / Lib Dem types were saying I was scaremongering!

The Tories will love that our next generation can't be educated unless they have money.

I take it you didn’t see the news story where graduates are being told by the job centre not to put there degrees on job applications because they are over qualified. Fewer people going to university isn’t a bad thing.

No we had a massive deficit and huge debts before the banking crisis.

So did lots of other countries, but it was manageable. The tories are trying to blame the recession on the deficit and are using it as an excuse to punish people, "It's all labour's fault," etc, when, in fact, everyone knows it was the banks to blame for the recession.

I take it you didn’t see the news story where graduates are being told by the job centre not to put there degrees on job applications because they are over qualified. Fewer people going to university isn’t a bad thing.

So why did the Tories create lots of polytechnics into universities in 1991 if they didn't want people to go to university?

So did lots of other countries, but it was manageable. The tories are trying to blame the recession on the deficit and are using it as an excuse to punish people, "It's all labour's fault," etc, when, in fact, everyone knows it was the banks to blame for the recession.

It clearly wasn't manageable and the government was being warned long before the crisis.

Archived