Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

So because they are adults they just pay for an education that one generation earlier they would not have had to?

I thought we were a developed society? How does taking away the next generations free education work here then? Please explain.

Many of them will never pay and the ones that do may be benefiting from higher wages than those that chose not to further their education at university.

So because they are adults they just pay for an education that one generation earlier they would not have had to?
No, they pay because those who got to be adults and got that education free before them, didn't use it to good effect :thumbsup:

That would include you, then? ;)

Many of them will never pay and the ones that do may be benefiting from higher wages than those that chose not to further their education at university.

Why should an 18 year old child/adult take on debt?

Have we learned NOTHING about the last 30 years?

The decline of educational standards in the West didn't await 2008.

Last time I checked, TV wasn't a teaching tool at all, but an entertainment medium. That is still its primary function, as far as I can tell (I don't watch it much, admittedly) :huh:

Society peaked in 1969, and has declined ever since.

We have become wealthier, but less of a people since then.

Television used to be a tool for education, but no longer.

Open University, Horizon, QED, and many more used to be broadcast.

Why should an 18 year old child/adult take on debt?
How do you think University students managed 30 years ago? They paid their way. Probably not through a credit agrement either, and with just as hard and as much time required to study.

Can I recommend this link, and pay particular attention to the second paragraph, "Funding History"? Looks like Labour actually ended "free higher education".

I thought we were a developed society? How does taking away the next generations free education work here then? Please explain.

You reckon people shouldn't invest in their own future? They don't have to repay anything until they are earning a reasonable wage..

No, they pay because those who got to be adults and got that education free before them, didn't use it to good effect :thumbsup:

That would include you, then? ;)

Theres a few too many assumptions here.....

Our children have to pay for their education because those who had it before them didnt use it to good effect, so you say. I say, our children have to pay for their education because big business & banks dont pay their taxes and our politicians allow them to get away with it.

I left school at 16. :D

But i firmly believe that a child should be allowed a FREE education after 18 years of age.

Archived