Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

But the fees were introduced by Labour...not the tories as you were suggesting...

Yes, but some people are deluded. It's all Thatcher's fault doncha know? :loopy:

I went to Uni in the early 2000's and I had to pay then. So carry on blaming the Tories but everyone with half a brain knows Labour implemented tuition fees, Labour bailed out the banks and Labour created 1 Million, yes 1 million non jobs in the public sector.

Yes, but some people are deluded. It's all Thatcher's fault doncha know? :loopy:

I went to Uni in the early 2000's and I had to pay then. So carry on blaming the Tories but everyone with half a brain knows Labour implemented tuition fees, Labour bailed out the banks and Labour created 1 Million, yes 1 million non jobs in the public sector.

Yes, but some people won't let history's true events get in the way of some class envy - we have to punish the so-called 'rich' for Labour's screw-ups, that's the only way ahead.

Sadly it seems that a modern education means that young people can't do the sums to work out that the new fee structure / graduate tax is a much better deal for them than it was under the previous government.

It's enough to make a grown man weep.

All part of the 'higher education for all' nonsense. If university places had remained limited just to those with the academic ability to pass a real degree, higher education could have remained free. Instead, Labour made it an alternative to the dole.

So why create universities from polytechnics and then try to reduce the number of people attending?

You haven't listened to a single thing nevermind understand it, have you?

So why create universities from polytechnics and then try to reduce the number of people attending?

Some people believe a university degree was worth more than a non-university degree.

Changing a name doesn't mean there are any more places than there were originally. So your point is a nonsense.

Lots of reasons, but in essence it removed an outmoded 2 tier system so that the education mattered rather than the institution.

The following government then introduced fees, allowed expansion (and the cash, the cash, think of the cash!£!£!£!£!) for degrees combined surfing with English.

Archived