Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

the figures you quote may be correct . but how much tax out of the figures your quoting actually pay that tax when their accountants get to see them :huh: wake up to the real world and stop being a muppet for the rich :hihi::hihi::hihi:
The figures I quoted are hardly the incomes of 'rich' people.

Quad erat demonstrandum.

The banks were just a small part of the big problem

That's a bit like saying Nazi Germany played a small part in WW2. The 2008 crisis started with the boom in the US housing bubble peaking in 2007. When that bubble burst the US banks were hit hardest and the knock-on effect globally was massive, being felt right up to today. If you deny that reality then then you really shouldn't be taken seriously on issues.

It's quod by the way.

That's a bit like saying Nazi Germany played a small part in WW2. The 2008 crisis started with the boom in the US housing bubble peaking in 2007. When that bubble burst the US banks were hit hardest and the knock-on effect globally was massive, being felt right up to today. If you deny that reality then then you really shouldn't be taken seriously on issues.
What you say here is true, but is not an excuse for 13 years of mindless overspending by the Labour administration. That is the reason te UK is ina bit of a mess now.

It's quod by the way.
Indded it is.

Goldman Sachs avoided paying PAYE tax to the Govt for 10 years.http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/oct/11/goldman-sachs-interest-tax-avoidance

They eventually got away with the interest payments, after dragging HMRC through the courts for years, at the taxpayers cost.

No they didn't. They avoided some tax on bunuses - they still paid PAYE on their salaries.

No they didn't. They avoided some tax on bunuses - they still paid PAYE on their salaries.

Oh Conrod. Read the numerous articles on this. In fact, why not watch this Democracy Live on the beeb.... HMRC head Mr Dave Hartnett, being called a liar by the select committee for doing deals :)

Its a great watch....

You gotcha ask yourself how big are the brown envelopes these days.

Archived