Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

That is such a priceless comment. Yet again you have assumed im not paying 40%. I have no problem with the tax rates. I have a huge problem with large businesses & banks not paying it and avoiding it.
If you do, I'm amazed that you think GS have avoided paying PAYE tax for years.

Green (and a few others on here):

You should have worked harder at school, then worked harder at getting into a good career.

Then , instead of worrying about how much tax 'rich' people don't pay, you would be paying plenty of it at 40% and concerned more about the feckless who makes benefits a lifestyle and whose lifestyle your taxes support.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: i hope you got a gold plated pension on a par with the rich when you come to retire . how many more will become feckless and have to rely on benefits after this gov has finished selling what left of industry we have left :suspect:.

I have a huge problem with large businesses & banks not paying it and avoiding it.

Why? What do you think they do with what they legally save?

Why does a government deserve the company's profits more than the staff and investors?

Why does a government deserve the company's profits more than the staff and investors?

Why should Joe Bloggs business next door conform to Corporation Tax, but Tescos up the road doesnt? Where is the fairness in that?

Companies profits dont go to staff on the bottom of the ladder, merely amongst the board members, and even investors dont seem many returns these days, hence our pension pots are so small.

If a Government put in laws & regulations on tax, why should the big companies who can afford armies of accountants not pay it, but the small & medium size businesses, who were once the backbone of this country, have to pay it?

That is quite possibly the most stupid comment I've heard from anyone, ever.

You get back to your window Mecky. You missed a bit.

Why should Joe Bloggs business next door conform to Corporation Tax, but Tescos up the road doesnt? Where is the fairness in that?

Companies profits dont go to staff on the bottom of the ladder, merely amongst the board members, and even investors dont seem many returns these days, hence our pension pots are so small.

If a Government put in laws & regulations on tax, why should the big companies who can afford armies of accountants not pay it, but the small & medium size businesses, who were once the backbone of this country, have to pay it?

Tesco does what is legal, just like Joe Bloggs.

I'll ask you again,

I have a huge problem with large businesses & banks not paying it and avoiding it.

You get back to your window Mecky. You missed a bit.

Tesco does what is legal, just like Joe Bloggs.

I'll ask you again,

Im with Mecky, you have completely lost the plot Tony.

What do you think they do with what they legally save?

Come on Green, as it's the main thrust of your point surely you have a straight and convincing answer?

What do you think they do with what they legally save?

Come on Green, as it's the main thrust of your point surely you have a straight and convincing answer?

You are suggesting that the staff & investors are taking the profits that would go to the tax man. They are not. The profits are going into the board room, or shafted into off shore companies.

Even the Economist, the bastion of the right are reporting the problems...

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/10/income-inequality-america?fsrc=nlw|wwb|10-27-2011|business_this_week

Archived