Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

It seems to me that you haven't got this very well worked out in your mind beyond a lot of jealousy and bitterness.

Tell us, what do you think they do with those profits? Do they eat it? do they have hand carved diamond encrusted platinum toilet seats? Do they have a 5 storey vault full of gold coins where they spend their evenings diving in like Scrooge McDuck?

And does the government deserve it more than the staff and investors?

What do you think they do with what they legally save?

Why does a government deserve the company's profits more than the staff and investors?

Come on Green, as it's the main thrust of your point surely you have a straight and convincing answer?

Every pound in an investors pocket is a pound not being spent on the salary for a "Performance Improvement Officer".

It seems to me that you haven't got this very well worked out in your mind beyond a lot of jealousy and bitterness.

Tell us, what do you think they do with those profits? Do they eat it? do they have hand carved diamond encrusted platinum toilet seats? Do they have 5 storey vault full of gold coins where they spend their evenings diving in like Scrooge McDuck?

And does the government deserve them more than the staff and investors?

Tony you are repeating yourself which is making myself repeat myself.

Jealousy and bitterness, no. Inequality and robbery, yes.

The rich are getting richer, by robbing the poorer. Thats my issue. It should be yours, but your too busy playing devils advocate and not reading any facts.

With all due respect Tony this isn't the first time you have resorted to this when you aren't doing too well. It doesn't look too clever.

Well not really I1L2T3. Profit is a good thing that should be maximised. Tax is a bad thing that should be minimised. Exceptions and exclusions accepted.

To dispute that simple norm is either a bit twisted, ill-informed, or just plain daft.

Well not really I1L2T3. Profit is a good thing that should be maximised. Tax is a bad thing that should be minimised. Exceptions and exclusions accepted.

To dispute that simple norm is either a bit twisted, ill-informed, or just plain daft.

It's perfectly valid to dispute that basic position. If you knew anything about economics you would know why.

I would agree that excessive taxation is wrong but some taxation is necessary. Profit maximisation (while importatant) is rarely the the only goal of businesses - they may pursue other strategies that provide similar benefits (grow market share etc...).

Please read up on some basic economics. Sincere advice.

The rich are getting richer, by robbing the poorer. Thats my issue. It should be yours, but your too busy playing devils advocate and not reading any facts.

Hello ,

I must say I find it odd how some one can claim your jelous when your pointing out the obvious injustices in the world....

Tony is right "profit is good ". Too good intact , enough to put before peoples lives never mind your lively hood .

I've just had a look at all the smilies that the S-F has, and concluded that the one smiley that is missing, but could be greatly used is a 'yawn' smiley.

Archived