Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

The only people I've seen lose or have benefit cut are those where one person is paying higher rate tax..they'll be losing their child benefit
Here's a hand up, about that one. And it still grates.

It's not about the amount to be lost, it's about the inequity of the application. We are a single income household. Neighbours and acquaintances on dual incomes just under the higher rate tax (comfortably exceeding our single income) will keep theirs. I don't object to scuppering the child benefit as part and parcel of 'doing our bit'. But there has to be proportionality (based on total household income), else it is simply patently unfair.

It'd be really easy to be swayed by the current 'class war' stoking and, at times (e.g. when bona fide scroungers are shown up), I nearly give in to my latent reactionary tendencies (:D). Nearly. Since I'm still not seeing that many others putting their hand deeper in their pocket, at HM's "request", to pay for it all.

Here's a hand up, about that one. And it still grates.

It's not about the amount to be lost, it's about the inequity of the application. We are a single income household. Neighbours and acquaintances on dual incomes just under the higher rate tax (comfortably exceeding our single income) will keep theirs.

It'd be really easy to be swayed by the current 'class war' stoking and, at times (e.g. when bona fide scroungers are shown up), I nearly give in to my latent reactionary tendencies (:D). Nearly. Since I'm still not seeing that many others putting their hand deeper in their pocket, at HM's "request", to pay for it all.

It's just another knee jerk reaction isn't it? (not yours,the government's :)) poorly thought out,and it's not going to sve that much ? Just done to fob off the Lib Dems I think..We're out of the child benefit age now so it won't affect us but I think it's unfair..as you say people with a higher household income will still be getting it..

What makes me laugh is the government undertaken these surveys to see if the public are happy. Who are they trying to kid?

Is the happiness survey a new thing or has it been done before? Also how does the government truly know how happy the people are without a survey?

I've just watched VAT Man live on PM QT. What a slaphead, he has absolutely no idea what's he's doing and doesn't believe what he himself is saying and it shows on his face. He's always looking behind himself for support, what a loser.

I've just watched VAT Man live on PM QT. What a slaphead, he has absolutely no idea what's he's doing and doesn't believe what he himself is saying and it shows on his face. He's always looking behind himself for support, what a loser.

And you do, do you? What job do you do again?

Given that it is Government policy to reduce the deficit by reducing the Benefits that poor people get, how else could a supporter of the Government not be saying this.
How are poor people being made to pay? Controlling the runaway benefits free-for-all is hardly the same as reducing benfits for those who truly need them.

They could try an alternative, by making those responsible pay for it via an increase in taxation.

I know it's radical, but how about making those who caused the problem pay, as opposed to those that had nothing to do with it.

That would be anybody who voted the last Labour government in then. They caused the country's financial problems by empowering Labour to screw everything up.

And your evidence for this is...?

Oh you know, little things, like selling gold at the lowest prices ever. There's plenty about if you bother to look.

Don't worry I know you won't bother, and even if you did, you'd claim black was white if it suited you. A bit like your "in living memory" statement in your Tory bashing thread, utterly devoid of reality.

Archived