Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

Can we all agree on one thing?

99% of politicians of all political parties are rubbish at their jobs, and have been for a very long time. Which is why we're in the mess we're in.

It's not that their all rubbish at their jobs, it's just that some think they're better than everyone else and have their routes deep in history of bullying people they consider lower than themselves (practically everyone) and brown nose those above (a few), which is what we are seeing with the current government and always have down whenever they've been in charge.

And you do, do you? What job do you do again?

Something to do with bridges apparently. He starts at one end of the forum and when he's done he goes back and starts again.

Not to mention the bories awarding suspicious business contracts to their donators. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/2011/11/02/city-firm-deloitte-picks-up-government-contracts-worth-nearly-7m-after-bankrolling-the-tories-115875-23531315/ Cash for favours/questions anyone?

What's suspicious about it?

It's not that their all rubbish at their jobs, it's just that some think they're better than everyone else and have their routes deep in history of bullying people they consider lower than themselves (practically everyone) and brown nose those above (a few), which is what we are seeing with the current government and always have down whenever they've been in charge.

Read your post and for the life of me until I read the last two lines I thought you were talking about certain union leaders that have surfaced over the years.

Anyone who defends this government is saying that they are happy that money being taken from the poor, the disabled and the less fortunate in order to pay for the mistakes of multi millionaire bankers

Didn't someone start a thread the other day about ridiculous statements written on this forum?

If you want an interesting read. "Brown's Bottom". So called after the one eyed oaf created the lowest price in the gold market for more than 20 years.

http://www.terrysmithblog.com/straight-talking/2011/08/the-brown-bottom.html

With the gold price hitting new nominal highs I thought it was a good moment to remind ourselves about the consequences of Gordon Brown’s sale of much of the UK’s gold reserves.

In 1999-2002 he sold 395 metric tons of gold at an average price of $275 an ounce. Today the price stands at $1749 an ounce. No wonder Brown’s sale on the gold price charts is known as The Brown Bottom. He also gave notice to the market that the sales would take place, thereby giving market participants every opportunity to drive the price down in advance.

Read this and have a think- cost of conservative mismanagement of gold reserve

Is the point you're making that the Conservatives "mismanaged" the gold reserves by not selling some of it when it when the price was high?

It's certainly compelling but it's the point the economist who wrote it that is making not me. I'm just trying to get another side of the story across.

It's kind of unfair because it was something they didn't do that is the thrust of the argument. But I think it has some relevance to what is happening now because some would argue there are many things the Tories have omitted to do over the last 18 months. And what if gold is at the top now ;)

I agree,

but Labour are just as good at brown nosing as rhe current lot.

It's certainly compelling but it's the point the economist who wrote it that is making not me. I'm just trying to get another side of the story across.

It's kind of unfair because it was something they didn't do that is the thrust of the argument. But I think it has some relevance to what is happening now because some would argue there are many things the Tories have omitted to do over the last 18 months. And what if gold is at the top now ;)

I've heard this said before, but I personally think that critisism of the Tories for not selling gold is a bit harsh.

Selling off substantial amounts of gold is something that should be done as an absolute last resort, if there was a national catastrophe.

Archived