Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

Erm, stimulating the private sector rather than the public? It may have escaped your notice that it is spending that got us in this mess in the first place, spending our way out won't work this time.

And here was me, thinking it was those naughty bankers, of the blessed private sector. But don't worry, everyone else will pay for their mistakes.

Current Tory policy is to increase the amount of tax paid by the rich, by cutting the rate and encouraging them to earn more money.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Surely, you mean make?

The trouble with that is that the rich put it staight in to their wives' foreign bank accounts, and the only economy that gets stimulated is Monte Carlo's.

Do you mean YOU actually have a value, as a person? Or do you mean things like your house, which increased in value partly because of an availability of cheap credit to one and all, and all part of an economic bubble created by debt?

Simple question really, if you were to cash in all your chips when Labour came to power what was the value, and then same question when they left.

Now do the same thing since this lot came to power and tell me why you think this lot are doing a decent job.

I'm actually struggling to find one decent thing that this wretched Government have done, I can't find one person on here who thinks they are better off and I can see loads of people who are struggling.

One day the halfwits will realise that if you cut the income of a lot of people, whilst leaving the very few that are rich alone (or even make them better off) that you are hurting all the small businesses who rely on spending from these people and you actually ending up hurting some of your own supporters as businesses go bust.

Absolute shambles they are.

Well, I agree it would be fair, but while Tony Blair and Gordon Brown each have a few quid, it's not enough to sort the national debt.

How do you work that out, the two you've mentioned presided over very high levels of growth.

This lot are presiding over chaos!

In which context?

In general terms.

Well over the course of their term in office the growth was high, unemployment was low most of the time, spending on public services was good and the deficit was much lower between 1997-2008 than under the previous Tory years.

So yes, give me those times back again.

Please!

Archived