• Yes, particularly in Dore
    • Yes, particularly in Yorkshire
    • Yes, particularly in South Yorkshire
    • Yes, particularly in the places it was demolished
    • Yes, particularly where it has been bought through Right To Buy
    • Yes, particularly in the city centre
    • Yes, particularly near Meadowhall
    • Yes, particularly in the Peak district
    • No, building housing association housing in Stocksbridge will do.

Your wrong ECONOOB, look at Obelix, he is a B2L Landlord and had the naivety to say he PRODUCES CAPITAL, he does nothing of the sort, he usurps it, and the state props the system up, the country is in a mess precisely because of this madness.

Massive social upheaval and change is a coming, and Landlords need to act now, for they will be first in the firing line, by denying the youth access to housing they are setting themselves up for a massive haircut and the longer this problem persists the increased likelihood of that haircut being form the neck up.

Pretty soon it ain't going to be about protecting wealth and getting a free ride of the backs of the poor, these people will be glad to be alive.

How interested am I about what Obelix says or does. You said that landlords are "doing nothing productive whatsoever". I am saying they do by providing a roof over someone's head. Someone wants a rental property to live in. Landlord owns a property and decides to rent it out. Thus roof gets provided over tenants head. Landlord pays tax purchasing the house, landlord pays tax on their rental income. Some may also pay council tax on both their own any any secondary properties. What is NOT productive about that????? How do you think it happens. There is no such thing as the housing fairy you know.

Landlords are not denying the "yoof" anything. There is plenty of access to housing. Take a look at the link I provided. pages and pages of rentals in the "affordable" bracket. Is it the fact that people might have to WORK for something that is seen as denying??? That is the really problem with SOME of the "yoof". Too many expect everything on a plate. They want a big house in a nice area, a big flashy car, lots of shiny things, lots of cheap foods, money to go out every night on a p*ss and all for as little money and as little effort as possible.

Social upheaval and change is coming? Really?? A few more morons are going to cause a bit of mayhem on the streets whilst the grown ups get on with trivial things like going to work, providing some money into the public purse, having a life, etc. Yeah lets all go out and smash up a JD sports.... that will provide "cheaper houses" won't it.

I think I'll just sit and wait for it....or not as the case may be.

Where is the 'The whole social housing and housing benefit system is in a complete mess, and needs completely re-thinking, but simply building more council houses won't necessarily help' option?

Here! Here!. The whole meaning of council/social housing has changed. 'We' as a society realise the need of having social housing but those who we have voted for and who are supposed to speaking on our behalf, don't seem to realise the need to improve social housing.

If a person rented from the council or bought themselves, they would be paying council tax etc. the same, they would not get tax relief (the B2L landlod gts a lot of tax relief - google it), and they would be paying out of income that has been taxed via income tax and NI!

I'm not on about some people smashing up a JD sports and looting clothes in the midst of a riot. I'm on about the progression of disorder, stemming form the unjustness of the current set up.

First there will be strikes, then there shall be riots, then there shall be murders and then there will be chaos. Your currency savings will be destroyed IRO 90-99-100%.

The sad thing is, IT IS AVOIDABLE. If it can be predicted it can be prevented.

You wouldn't let a child cross a motorway on its own. Likewise we shouldn't be encouraging buy to let through the state-law-tax-benefit-banking-system.

Property owning democracy, don't make me laugh.

How many council properties were there in Sheffield 100 years ago compared to now?

How many 50 years ago?

How many 10 years ago?

It'd be interesting to know when people decided that the state should start to provide housing for them instead of working and either buying a house yourself or renting from a landlord (as has been happening in the UK for hundreds of years).

How many council properties were there in Sheffield 100 years ago compared to now?

How many 50 years ago?

How many 10 years ago?

It'd be interesting to know when people decided that the state should start to provide housing for them instead of working and either buying a house yourself or renting from a landlord (as has been happening in the UK for hundreds of years).

I think the big council housing system came about in order to get rid of back to back houses.

Archived