Palestine statehood to be announced..

Have a read of your posts in 174

I think I see what you're getting at, you think I've contradicted myself don't you?

First I said that there was no LEGAL sovereign in the West bank for Israel to "occupy", then I went on to say that Israel took the west bank from Jordan. Is that it? is that the contradiction? no, Jordan had no LEGAL justification to be at the west bank, Jordan was still situated there since its previous attempt to attack Israel.

I suppose that all depends on which flag you're fighting under.

no it's the consensus of international opinion, which was that Israel was not the aggressor in 1967 - the Arabs were the aggressors, because blockading the Straits of Tiran and amassing tens of thousands of troops on an enemy's border, leaders giving speeches about annilihating and exterminating the Jews, which Nasser was doing almost daily, are ACTS OF WAR.

Israel only annexed the Golan Heights and East Jerusalem after 1967 - not the West Bank.

Arab residents of Golan Heights and also east Jerusalem that applied for and were given Israeli citizenship DO have the vote in Knesset. Arab residents of east Jerusalem that migrated there after 1967 do not vote in the Knesset as they are not Israeli citizens - but even these can vote in local municipal Jerusalem elections.

Israel has not annexed the West Bank at all. They just simply administered it under UNSCR 242, and since 1993, jointly with the PA under the Oslo accords.

One person, one vote. Thats how democracy works. Could we claim to be democratic if we didn't give the IRA fan areas of Ulster the vote? No.

Keep the land and angry arab people that live in it or get rid of the land and lose the angry arab people. If I were an Israeli i'd get rid of the land in a flash

Arab-Israel Conflict – Forgotten Facts!

The term “Palestinian” is itself a masterful twisting of history. To portray themselves as indigenous, Arab settlers adopted the name of an ancient Mediterranean tribe - “Philistines” (‘Invaders’ in Hebrew). .

this is wrong. The Arabs never called themselves Palestinians. They never called themselves anything at all really, as they only identified with their tribes.

"Palestine" comes from the Romans renaming the land after the Jews' ancient enemy, the Philistines, to rub salt in their wounds following the crushing of the Zionist revolt, the Bar Kockba revolt in around AD 135. Before it was renamed Syria/Palestina, it was known by the Romans as Judea.

get it? Jews come from Judea. Arabs from from Arabia. See who the coloniser is?

prior to the establishment of the British Palestine Mandate, during the Ottoman period, the Arabs didn't call themselves anything. They had no conception of any nation state. If they DID call themselves anything, it would have been southern Syrians.

Palestine would have meant nothing to them. It's a Latin/European word. There is no P sound in the Arabic language. They can''t even say it.

One person, one vote. Thats how democracy works. Could we claim to be democratic if we didn't give the IRA fan areas of Ulster the vote? No.

given the chance, and I know it doesn't happen very often, but West Bank Arabs do vote. In Palestinian elections. For a Palestinian President, and a Palestinian legislature. How do you think Abbas got to be President of the PA?

given the chance, and I know it doesn't happen very often, but West Bank Arabs do vote. In Palestinian elections. For a Palestinian President, and a Palestinian legislature. How do you think Abbas got to be President of the PA?

Goodo, make the west bank a country and nothing to do with israel and job done!

It could be a recognised as an independent state by the UN

Indeed, and if it offered so much as a single rocket into israel would be in a state of war with its neighbour.

A responsible independant palestine that understands it's <removed> into a cocked hat if it attacks Israel would be the best solution all round.

As for gaza...merge with egypt.

only the General Assembly, which are mostly a collection of tyannies, although admittedly less of them are tyrannies than there used to be. It won't be a de facto independent state until Israel recognises it. And the only way to do that is negotiate again, which the Palestinians refuse to do.

As for gaza...merge with egypt.

I'm surprised you didn't know that Israel offered Gaza as part of the 1979 peace deal. They could have had every square centimeter of it.

Egypt refused and I doubt if they'll want it all of a sudden now.

Archived