The expectant generation

Tony

Has there ever been a younger generation who wanted the Moon on a stick without making an effort more than the present one?

To be fair, young 'uns are getting a rough deal at the moment. Hazardous job market. 20% deposits required for buying a house which even for a modest home for £80k means they need £16k in readies, some will never be homeowners. The current gereration reaching adulthood are predicted to be much poorer than their parents were.

The hippy generation was peace loving and didn't go round battering defenceless old people because they refused to give them their pension money, so I hardly think you can compare the two. I was a teenager in the sixties and this lot are nothing like we were:love::love::love:

I think you'll find old people are less likely to be murdered today, than they were back then, by strangers at least. Old men are increasingly being knocked off by their own families eager to get the house!

I think you'll find old people are less likely to be murdered today, than they were back then, by strangers at least. Old men are increasingly being knocked off by their own families eager to get the house!

In 20 years time when I'm old :wink:, i will be tooled up like Rambo when I wander the streets :thumbsup:

The hippy generation was peace loving and didn't go round battering defenceless old people because they refused to give them their pension money, so I hardly think you can compare the two. I was a teenager in the sixties and this lot are nothing like we were:love::love::love:

I didn't think you was that old Lin.. You don't look it :D

I actually doubt that the 'boomers', would have been that expectant IMHO, it just turned out the way it did for them, maybe another World War would create another similar generation, who knows !

Consider that a world war is actually an economic crash masked by spending on the war effort. If you remove the war spending there is still a crash.

Tis the recovery from the crash that allows for an increase in living standards.

I.e. the building of housing for the masses at the expense of parasitic landlords.

Ones whom will end up with a haircut form the neck up in due course ;)

I actually doubt that the 'boomers', would have been that expectant IMHO, it just turned out the way it did for them, maybe another World War would create another similar generation, who knows !

Another one? No thanks, they said "Never again" after the first one and look what happened.

Also, it's bad enough our Soldiers had to go over to Iraq and Afghanistan, and they're not official Wars.

Archived