Emergency tax of £5.50 per person to sell council housing to B2L Landlord

Perhaps not what everyone expects - it's a mixture of public and private finance. http://www.london2012.com/funding-the-games

For interests sake, I believe that Park Hill Flats have had more government subsidy per dwelling than the Olympic village.

From your link.

So why is bleating about only private enterprises and the conservatives benefiting from what has been paid for by mostly public and some private sector money (which might I add had to be guaranteed by the government (public) purse) such a problem? The only thing to lose here is the public. Do you think the private company will give something back in the form of cheaper rents when compared to council properties?

The Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) is the public sector body responsible for the delivery of the new venues and infrastructure required for the London 2012 Games. The ODA budget is drawn entirely from the public sector.

That's because Park Hill can't be knocked down though surely.

Perhaps not what everyone expects - it's a mixture of public and private finance. http://www.london2012.com/funding-the-games

For interests sake, I believe that Park Hill Flats have had more government subsidy per dwelling than the Olympic village.

I'll wait till the 8th of October to lament the privatisation of parkhill, at even greater expense to the public.

I have an invite to the opening...

From your link.

So why is bleating about only private enterprises and the conservatives benefiting from what has been paid for by mostly public and some private sector money (which might I add had to be guaranteed by the government (public) purse) such a problem? The only thing to lose here is the public. Do you think the private company will give something back in the form of cheaper rents when compared to council properties?

That's because Park Hill can't be knocked down though surely.

The ODA is publicly funded. Plainly the Olympics aren't completely funded by the public sector as the sale of part of the Olympic Village to the private sector demonstrates.

I do take your general point, though the thread title and the OP are inaccurate and rather hysterical.

Archived