Ideas please -to organise a victorian market & nativity play, for charity

Hi i run a dog rescue based in Sheffield , I would like to ask for ideas etc on arranging a theme night in DEC . I would like the theme to be based on a Victorian Christmas ,Couple of thoughts i have had is to as if a school would like to put on a nativity play ,also i would like to try and put on a Victorian market (not too big though ). so i welcome any constructive comments & if there is anyone who could help organize this i would love to have you on board ,

The event would be to raise funds for my rescue to keep the dogs safe over Christmas as the rescue does not re home during DEC so theres no adoption donations, thanks for reading ,hope this is in the right place .:help::help:

Hi We have a pet rescue here in Burlington where I live, I will put the website on here for you. I thought you might get ideas from it, like we have a shop and people donate anything they don't need anymore. The store is run by volunteers and the proceeds go Animal aid, they also have Pooch Promenade where people walk with there dogs to raise money.

Burlington Animal Aid

We have organised charity auction's in the past, And managed to raise £1900 for the children's hospital. I came up with the idea of a naffraff, It was a auction/Raffle of naff items. Get a couple of shandy's down your audience and let them bid away!. All the items were donated, And it was a really fun night. We have also raised over £2000 a couple of times before for the rnli

Sounds like an idea - see if you can get someone with a license to have a 'bar' open to sell alcohol and drinks - like 50p more expensive than it cost to buy? (nothing mad like spirits - don't want drunks!) and keep it friendly, then make a bit of money on that perhaps?

Could do nibbles too whilst your at it, like Rain's dog show had a BBQ.

Problem with the idea of doing it during Winter months is not many people will want to come out.. Especially if the weather is bad.

things seem to have been misunderstood re this thread ,what i want to do is try to organise a christmas nativity play + a victorian themed mini market with a band playing carols in background , all proceeds to go to helping hands dog rescue . hope this explains what i was asking for.

Archived