Your reaction to a loved one wrongly executed

So by your reasoning a RAF WW2 bomber pilot for example should have been executed at wars end for killing innocent people. How many innocents were killed in the Dresden bombing . Not all Germans were Nazis you know and their kids were all innocents

See how ridiculous your reasoning is?

Why don't you just answer the question?

We can start a thread on the rights and wrongs of WAR after.

LMAO, How come you changed your post (edited) from this...

I think we're poles apart on the issue and just about used up all arguments for and against so you can have the last word.

to this...

So by your reasoning a RAF WW2 bomber pilot for example should have been executed at wars end for killing innocent people. How many innocents were killed in the Dresden bombing . Not all Germans were Nazis you know and their kids were all innocents

See how ridiculous your reasoning is?

LOL that is some SERIOUS back-pedalling before I even responded!

LMAO, How come you changed your post (edited) from this...

to this...

LOL that is some SERIOUS back-pedalling before I even responded!

Yeah well i just thought i'd like to hear your opinion on a pilot dtropping a bomb on a house and killing people who could be classified as innocents.

After all YOU ARE for punishing people who kill innocents right?

Let's just not talk about judges. Let's broaden the scope a little :D

Your move

I don't want the "last word" I just wanted you to explain the reason behind your statement. I had no problem answering your question when you asked me to.

I'll make it very simple for you by using your earlier comparison to Iran, with the crimes followed by the punishments:

Iranian Law:

Man throws acid in face of innocent person -> Throw acid in man's face

US law:

Man kills innocent person -> kill man

Rootsbooster suggestion:

Judge kills innocent man -> punish judge

Now, what's so ridiculous about the 3rd example that doesn't apply to the 2nd?

(the Iranian woman didn't go ahead with the revenge by the way, she showed MERCY. That was in Iran.)

What innocent man was killed under US law? Dont tell me Troy Davis.

I asked you before to supply detailed info on the actual number of innocent people executed over the past 50 years. Waste of time I reckon.

For your further info however no less than 17 people have been cleared of murder since DNA first appeared in the late 70s early 80s.

What innocent man was killed under US law? Dont tell me Troy Davis.

I asked you before to supply detailed info on the actual number of innocent people executed over the past 50 years. Waste of time I reckon.

For your further info however no less than 17 people have been cleared of murder since DNA first appeared in the late 70s early 80s.

I haven't said an innocent man was killed under US law.

Please answer the question that you've made such a big fuss about throughout this whole thread.

Yeah well i just thought i'd like to hear your opinion on a pilot dtropping a bomb on a house and killing people who could be classified as innocents.

After all YOU ARE for punishing people who kill innocents right?

Let's just not talk about judges. Let's broaden the scope a little :D

Your move

No, let's deal with the issue you've been dodging this whole time. "Your move".

No, let's deal with the issue you've been dodging this whole time. "Your move".

Your question: How would you feel if a loved one was executed for a crime they didnt commit?

My answer: Bleddy sad and awful of course. What other answer would you expect?

I would think about hiring a nasty shark of a lawyer and try and sue the living crap out of the state. More than likely wouldnt do any good since the state can afford better lawyers. I wouldn't press for execution of the judge though. That's just plain unrealistic and if I were to go around yakking about executing judges they'd just think I was some kind of half demented street corner nut case and snigger behind my back.

Anyway, what's worse? A judge erroneously causing an execution to be carried out on an innocent person or a bomber pilot 10,000 feet up intentionally dropping a plane load on houses and buildings full of people, more than likely many of them small children.

Should the pilot be executed for carrying out this act? :hihi: :hihi:

Dont tell me this has no relevence to what your issue is

"Punishment for killing innocents basically" as stated in the last para of your first post

Anyway, what's worse? A judge erroneously causing an execution to be carried out on an innocent person or a bomber pilot 10,000 feet up intentionally dropping a plane load on houses and buildings full of people, more than likely many of them small children.

Should the pilot be executed for carrying out this act? :hihi: :hihi:

No because the death penalty is stupid & counter productive. But yes, someone killing scores of children with bombs is worse than mistakenly sentencing one person to death.

Archived