Motorcycle Demos 25th Sept

Toten

I ride a motorcyclist and would certainly be in favour of the police stopping bikers and checking if they use the correct parts. It is total rubbish to suggest that bikers have/will have to use only original parts, they simply have to use CE marked parts. A great number opf bikers use illegal plates, exhausts that make their 160mph bike go a tiny bit faster, or even almost black visors. In all cases this is only about vanity.

The same applies to wearing reflective jackets. If you such a jacket you are more likely to be seen, and so have a slightly lower chance of being killed. Most people don't wear them because, again, of vanity. The only real objection to such clothing is that it puts the onus on the biker to be seen, whereas really the blame is often, but not always, with the person that hits them.

Many of the other recommendations are equally sensible, and some aren't. This is the nature of things, as some changes will be made, but not all of them.

i was stuck in the traffic on the M! yesterday in this demo, i wasnt bothered about being held up for 5 mins until i could get off at junc 35, what i did find stupid was the bikers who had stopped on the hard shoulder to film the demo that was until a police car pulled up along side them, no doubt they will have had some points on there licence?

i think a translation of the arguement for the car drivers out there is in order.

sealed drive trains that would mean no big fat boy racer exhausts, alloy wheels, home servicing etc, dayglo clothing, imagine your family transport by law painted in "Dynorod" pink ? Throttle controls, put your foot on the accellerator and nothing happens because the car says you should be doing 30mph ? arguements about its not us its another European country ? Err we are in the EU and their stated aim in parity of all laws throughout the union, what one country has now everyone else gets forced on them?

the the demos were about , the EU and the police making sure the bikes are safe to ride, and the the bikers can be seen.

strange thing to protest over :loopy:

Well that and the extra cost of full body armour...

Bikes can already be seen IF they're looked for.

Archived