Motorcycle Demos 25th Sept

Toten

How many that do check their mirrors move over to PREVENT a bike passing?

I used to find this annoying but now I laugh because I know that at some point I'll get through. There seems to be an attitude of 'if I have to queue so will you'.

And of course these idiots are too thick to realise that if every bike was forced to queue in a line of traffic like the cars do, the queues would be a hell of a lot longer for everyone! :rolleyes:

John X

How many that do check their mirrors move over to PREVENT a bike passing? I used to find this annoying but now I laugh because I know that at some point I'll get through. There seems to be an attitude of 'if I have to queue so will you'.

At least it means they've seen you:)

I too find this frustrating.It has been particularly noticable to me on the approach to the Dartford tunnel where bikes don't even have to stop to pay!

It may be that I notice it more because it's always on the way home from France where the exact opposite seems to happen at the approaches to the peage etc.Except for British cars in the queue.of course!

I feel it is ironic that at roughly the same time all you bikers were preparing to ride in protest at these new EU measures that one of your number was

riding recklessly ( to say the least ) and by doing so killed a cyclist, riders who do these things prejudice people against all of you which is a terrible shame.

I feel it is ironic that at roughly the same time all you bikers were preparing to ride in protest at these new EU measures that one of your number was

riding recklessly ( to say the least ) and by doing so killed a cyclist, riders who do these things prejudice people against all of you which is a terrible shame.

A common occurence with cars not that it excuses the behaviour if they were riding recklessly. Do we know the details yet as the only report i've seen is brief

Apparently the motorbike was overtaking cars well in excess of speed limit and lost control of the bike hitting the cyclist before coming off the bike. There is a cyclists forum where there are eye witness accounts.

Archived