Drugs Testing for Benefits

Conrod

Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?

• Yes, and if they fail the tests have their benefits stopped until they can provide clear samples.
    • Yes, and if caught their benefits should be reduced by a percentage until they can pass.
    • They should only receive food and domestic service vouchers anyway, not money.
    • No, they should be able to spend other people's money any way they want, even illegally.

Well I really never expected you to be the champion of the nanny state, but there you are - waving the flag for drug testing two thirds of the adult population to make sure they are behaving themselves.
Only the degenerate ones

But I think you need to refine your policy a bit - since illegal drug users aren't society's only untried, unsentenced criminals. Instead of drug testing, why not polygraph all government money recipients - then you not only discover whether they are using illegal drugs, but also more or less anything else you deem undesireable.
I rather like that idea. More ‘stop and search’ too, especially for people who look like they might be the sort to use drugs.

One thing puzzles me though, are you going to allow legal drug users to continue with their habits and not test for those substances? So I could get a prescription for Sativex or Dronabinol and get wasted before signing on every fortnight? (assuming you have a battery of perfect testing kits for all substances, doesn't exist yet, but it's a minor technicality)
I’m sure some people will enjoy pumping themselves full of anything from codeine to wood glue. Their contribution to Darwinism is society’s gain in a small way.

Well I really never expected you to be the champion of the nanny state, but there you are - waving the flag for drug testing two thirds of the adult population to make sure they are behaving themselves.

No wonder the country is in such a state, two thirds of the adult population receiving benefits.:o

I’m sure some people will enjoy pumping themselves full of anything from codeine to wood glue. Their contribution to Darwinism is society’s gain in a small way.

Legalising drugs might, from that perspective, be society's gain in a big way if the autodarwination rate is as high as you suggest.

No wonder the country is in such a state, two thirds of the adult population receiving benefits.:o

two thirds in receipt of money from the state, as wages, tax credits, child benefit or any other benefit like housing, JSA etc, as mentioned earlier in the thread. I think two thirds is a conservative estimate.

One thing puzzles me though, are you going to allow legal drug users to continue with their habits and not test for those substances? So I could get a prescription for Sativex or Dronabinol and get wasted before signing on every fortnight? (assuming you have a battery of perfect testing kits for all substances, doesn't exist yet, but it's a minor technicality)
How sick to associate people who take prescription drugs and other legal drugs for medicinal purposes with those who are substance abusers at the expense of the tax payer.

two thirds in receipt of money from the state, as wages, tax credits, child benefit or any other benefit like housing, JSA etc, as mentioned earlier in the thread. I think two thirds is a conservative estimate.
Utter rubbish and a sad attempt to mask over the meaning of the thread.

How does smoking cannabis or using other recreational substances render a person unreasonable or irresponsible exactly?

Many many thousands do these things and are just as responsible, law abiding and productive as those who choose not to.

If you have to ask that you shouldn't be allowed out.

Ask those who arrested George Michael why he was arrested and what lead up to it.

Archived