Drugs Testing for Benefits

Conrod

Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?

• Yes, and if they fail the tests have their benefits stopped until they can provide clear samples.
    • Yes, and if caught their benefits should be reduced by a percentage until they can pass.
    • They should only receive food and domestic service vouchers anyway, not money.
    • No, they should be able to spend other people's money any way they want, even illegally.

Some employers choose to drug test, others do not. That is up to them. It certainly is discriminatory because it is intended to discriminate between people who use drugs and people who do not, in the absence of any other reason to discriminate between employees.

Wrong as usual, it is the type of drugs that are being used that is in question ie; illegal druguse/abuse.

So, do you or don't you think it would be a good idea to dissuade these poor 'victims' from spending what little money they have on drugs?

1. No its far too expensive and difficult to implement, especially when thousands of public sector workers are going to be or have been made redundant.

2. Not everyone who takes drugs is a junky. Not every junky is a victim. And if you had any sort of knowledge on the subject you would know drug testing any sort of addict would not stop them using their chosen substance. If they are addicted no it would not, crime rates would soar in drug related crimes. If an addict did not take this path we may have several thousand dead people laying in the street.

2. Not everyone who takes drugs is a junky. Not every junky is a victim. And if you had any sort of knowledge on the subject you would know drug testing any sort of addict would not stop them using their chosen substance.1) If they are addicted no it would not, crime rates would soar in drug related crimes. 2)If an addict did not take this path we may have several thousand dead people laying in the street.

My bold 1)= It would if their benefits were stopped.

My bold 2)= As long as they're not law abiding people what does it matter.

Well, I guess there are two camps there.

But even in a case where it is acting as a safety net, surely the safety net is there to ensure provision of food and shelter, not drugs?

That wouldn't satisfy the blood lust of some people though. What next, workhouse for people claiming benefits for longer than 6 months? Forced sterilisation for people on benefits with too many children?

I find it sad when people, often earning little more than those on benefits like to have a go at those beneath them - but fawn over and forgive the errors of the wealthy.

That wouldn't satisfy the blood lust of some people though. What next, workhouse for people claiming benefits for longer than 6 months? Forced sterilisation for people on benefits with too many children?

I find it sad when people, often earning little more than those on benefits like to have a go at those beneath them - but fawn over and forgive the errors of the wealthy.

Agreed.......

This topic is about prevention of benefit claimants misusing tax payers benefit allowances by buying illegal drugs and partaking in drug abuse.

Obviously you're quite happy to fund such abuse of the benefits system.

Archived