Drugs Testing for Benefits

Conrod

Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?

• Yes, and if they fail the tests have their benefits stopped until they can provide clear samples.
    • Yes, and if caught their benefits should be reduced by a percentage until they can pass.
    • They should only receive food and domestic service vouchers anyway, not money.
    • No, they should be able to spend other people's money any way they want, even illegally.

How sick to associate people who take prescription drugs and other legal drugs for medicinal purposes with those who are substance abusers at the expense of the tax payer.

Conrod just wants testing on illegal drugs. I was saying I think he should consider extending his policy to legal ones as well.

Like Nutmeg, St. Johns Wort, Syrian Rue, Morphine and Codeine, Khat, Salvia, Blue Lotus, 'Spice', and Lysergic Acid Amide.

These are all potent psychoactives and 100% legal.

What do you think? Is it enough that a drug is illegal, or should conrod extend the policy to people who use 'degenerate' drugs for pleasure as well?

What we have to consider is what really is the agenda of those who find it acceptable for benefit claimants to abuse the system to purchase illegal drugs and partake in drug abuse.:suspect:

To not waste millions of pounds worth of taxpayers money on an ill conceived and foolish scheme based on false premises.

But waste it rewarding bad lifestyles instead? Killed my brother did that. His habit was fed by his loved ones rather than them tackling the problem.

With respect, that's a problem that lies with your loved ones and not with the benefit system.

With respect, that's a problem that lies with your loved ones and not with the benefit system.

Same thing. If you're on benefits and have a drug problem your benefits are going to be wasted on drugs. The money won't be spent on food and rent.

You see it a lot. Young families where the kids aren't fed or clothed very well yet the parents can always afford a smoke. The current system just rewards that behaviour. If you gave them vouchers for food and utility at least you're doing what you can to eliminate that. Sure some will still exchange the vouchers for drugs, like they used to milk tokens for fags but at least the state tried.

Same thing. If you're on benefits and have a drug problem your benefits are going to be wasted on drugs. The money won't be spent on food and rent.

You see it a lot. Young families where the kids aren't fed or clothed very well yet the parents can always afford a smoke. The current system just rewards that behaviour. If you gave them vouchers for food and utility at least you're doing what you can to eliminate that. Sure some will still exchange the vouchers for drugs, like they used to milk tokens for fags but at least the state tried.

What you should be asking is just what is the agenda of the anti drug testing minority.

Sounds a bit suspect to me.:suspect:

What you should be asking is just what is the agenda of the anti drug testing minority.

Sounds a bit suspect to me.:suspect:

I'm not for drug testing as it would affect me and I live as good a life as I can. But if it is to be done on those who pay into the system surely the same should be done for those who take from the system. The soldier in question has come up with a bang on idea.

Archived