Drugs Testing for Benefits

Conrod

Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?

• Yes, and if they fail the tests have their benefits stopped until they can provide clear samples.
    • Yes, and if caught their benefits should be reduced by a percentage until they can pass.
    • They should only receive food and domestic service vouchers anyway, not money.
    • No, they should be able to spend other people's money any way they want, even illegally.

This topic is about prevention of benefit claimants misusing tax payers benefit allowances by buying illegal drugs and partaking in drug abuse.

Obviously you're quite happy to fund such abuse of the benefits system.

If the OP wants testing of illegal drugs, lets start with the square mile. It's a well known practice for some city investors and wide boys to snort cocaine. Still they've got to have something to spend their bonuses on I suppose....

I'm not for drug testing as it would affect me and I live as good a life as I can. But if it is to be done on those who pay into the system surely the same should be done for those who take from the system. The soldier in question has come up with a bang on idea.

Tony, what do you think of my two penneth in post #4 ?

Tony, what do you think of my two penneth in post #4 ?

To a point I agree but if you're going to have the rule you must have the rule for all. Person B is being penalised but so is employed Joe who pays for both person A and B.

Also imagine how smashed person B would be after that celebratory sign off joint.

Personally I wouldn't like it but if it makes for an all round fairer system then I'm for it.

In the system we have some will benefit more and some will be penalised more.

Completely insane if anyone thinks stopping benefits of drug users would benefit society.All that would do is drive crime rates through the roof whilst they are burgling and robbing from anywhere to get a fix(not talking about soft drugs here).

Then if they are convicted they stay in her majesty's hotels at a lot more expense to the taxpayer.

Completely insane if anyone thinks stopping benefits of drug users would benefit society.All that would do is drive crime rates through the roof whilst they are burgling and robbing from anywhere to get a fix(not talking about soft drugs here).

Then if they are convicted they stay in her majesty's hotels at a lot more expense to the taxpayer.

People rob for money for soft drugs also. Some even rob for the legal drugs too.

hurrah for common sence!

Archived