Drugs Testing for Benefits

Conrod

Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?

• Yes, and if they fail the tests have their benefits stopped until they can provide clear samples.
    • Yes, and if caught their benefits should be reduced by a percentage until they can pass.
    • They should only receive food and domestic service vouchers anyway, not money.
    • No, they should be able to spend other people's money any way they want, even illegally.

I don't pat tax but I do pay it, unlike you I don't like funding drug abusers.

joking. like frank sidney says it is money you are entitled to. I have tried to make clear in my earlier posts that it might be different for those who see the dole as carear choice, but the way this was put forward doesn't take that nto account, it just sounds like another blancket discriminatary law.

I am. If we are to have a welfare state then people will be paid the money they are entitled to. We, as a country, wouldn't be any better off if the claimants spent their money on fruit, holidays or weed. If they choose to spend some on weed then they are not spending it on other things.

There are a great number of people who use weed for medical purposes. If they didn't use weed then they'd no doubt be a burden to the NHS.

I for example was prescribed various prescription drugs for my condition. None of them work as does weed. Therefore, weed is actually saving the NHS and country money. I don't need to see a doctor any more and no doubt the prescription fee does not cover the cost of the drugs supplied by the chemist. Most of which are much more damaging than weed. I very rarely have time of work because weed has just about cured my condition.

I would actively encourage anyone with a medical condition, where traditional medicine hasn't helped, to try weed, they may be surprised with the results. I've even given it to my 75 year old mum with various conditions and she's greatly impressed.

I don't agree with a lot of things the government spends money on. Like the wars and bank bail out. So to single out weed smokers is a bit of a none starter really. It's just another way for Mr. Angry of Chippingham to vent his rage and froth at the mouth.

In relation to other drug users you need to show some compassion and thank your lucky stars you don't have to endure the misery, they, and their family do. It's a horrendous life, full of pain.

If there is anyone in the world who needs to smoke a bit of weed, its you....You'll lose the bitterness in your heart and become a better person for it..

Lot of, ifs, buts, whats and whys so I take that you're in favour of people given the benefits that the systems says they need to live spend it on illegal drugs whilst depriving themselves and in many cases their off spring of the needs in life.

And you're happy to fund substance abuse?

Lot of, ifs, buts, whats and whys so I take that you're in favour of people given the benefits that the systems says they need to live spend it on illegal drugs whilst depriving themselves and in many cases their off spring of the needs in life.

Are you happy to fund murderers?

I;d rather that the government addressed the problems surrounding drink/drug dependancy :thumbsup:

I am apart from the issue of depriving off spring of their needs. Social Services should be contacted in regards to this. This is a paradox really. You are for the very same thing if you stop benefits for people who smoke a bit of weed..

Archived