Drugs Testing for Benefits

Conrod

Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?

• Yes, and if they fail the tests have their benefits stopped until they can provide clear samples.
    • Yes, and if caught their benefits should be reduced by a percentage until they can pass.
    • They should only receive food and domestic service vouchers anyway, not money.
    • No, they should be able to spend other people's money any way they want, even illegally.

There's no point in dissenting from the infallible dogmas of Bassman62 folks, you'll only leave the forum feeling like Galileo Galilei who attempted to tell the Roman Catholic Church in the seventeenth-century that the earth revolves around the sun rather than vice versa.

So you're happy to fund out of your taxes the habits of substances abusers.

That's because if he takes drugs it will have a direct effect on his performance, especially with regard to the safety and well being of his colleagues. That's why it's reasonable to have for example random drug testings for train drivers, for forklift truck operators, but it would be much harder to argue it for people like a filing clerk, or a receptionist.
Very well said, no doubt like me you're one of the 75.35% who have voted sensibly on this topic unlike the sados who need weed etc to get their kicks, what a bunch of losers the 24.65% are, we shouldn't mock the afflicted though they're sad enough.

The only option should be to stop abusing the system and substances.

like I've said, it would be better to address the reasons for problems surrounding substance abuse/dependance

Very well said, no doubt like me you're one of the 75.35% who have voted sensibly on this topic unlike the sados who need weed etc to get their kicks, what a bunch of losers the 24.65% are, we shouldn't mock the afflicted.

directly affecting your performance? If I downed a load of vodka before driving a bus I would get fired but not for having a few cans in the evening or on the weekend. why is it different for drugs? clearly people shouldn't be doing loads of drugs whilst in a position of responsibility but in your free time who does it affect other than yourself?

This topic which is entitled Drugs Testing for Benefits is nothing to do with your post, please stick to topic.

er... I fail to see how that is off topic. smoking marijuana could leave travces of the drug in your system for months. are people on beneifts meant to be searchign for jobs 24 hours a day 7 days a week? no they are entitled to kick back and relax every so oftern. how can a drug test determine the exact time and place drugs might have been consumed. people on benefits are entitlesd to free time aswell

Archived