Drugs Testing for Benefits

Conrod

Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?

• Yes, and if they fail the tests have their benefits stopped until they can provide clear samples.
    • Yes, and if caught their benefits should be reduced by a percentage until they can pass.
    • They should only receive food and domestic service vouchers anyway, not money.
    • No, they should be able to spend other people's money any way they want, even illegally.

Actually no, as I don't agree with any of the options. I also hate to disillusion you but my views probably are widely different from yours - if someone wants to take pot/tobacco/alcohol then thats fine by me, provided it is not going to adversely affect anyone else.

Sorry I obviously misunderstood your post

So you're quite happy to fund substance abusers out of you taxes are you?

one of the 26.03% who think they should be able to spend other people's money any way they want, even illegally.

Originally Posted by Conrod

I quite like what he's saying - should taxpayers just have to accept that they subsidise the out of work to drink and take drugs, or should claimants be forced to spend their unearned income more sensibly?

Unfortunately, you've simplified the poll to the point of absurdity.

Why because you can't twist/misconstrue it any other way

What, for example, would be the outcome of someone who is employed buying their unemployed friend a pint? Despite abiding by the rules, they will fall foul of them.

So how could someone not on benefits who is buying an unemployed person an alcoholic drink fall foul of the system?

I thought that this topic was about those on benefits being tested for illegal drug use.

You've really flipped.

one of the 26.03% who think they should be able to spend other people's money any way they want, even illegally.

:D the poll question is so overly loaded with negative connotaitions

'be able to spend other people's money no matter if it was illegal.'

if someone had worked their whole life and paid taxes but suddenly ended up out of work and was on benifits it is thier money they are entitled to spend how they please

Yes I am thanks. It's one of the prices you have to pay for a free society - like having misguided ignorant bigoted knobs post on forums like this is another necessary price.

Why because you can't twist/misconstrue it any other way

That's your area of expertise, not mine.

I'm saying that none of the options reflect my view, or any view that is actually practical.

So how could someone not on benefits who is buying an unemployed person an alcoholic drink fall foul of the system?

The person on benefits fails the drug test, by drinking the alcohol, and thus loses their right to claim (as per the poll, see post #1), even though they haven't spent their benefits on drugs.

I thought that this topic was about those on benefits being tested for illegal drug use.

The poll makes no qualifier regarding the illegality of the drugs in question. The OP specifically includes drink as one of the items to be censured in the first post!

You've really flipped.

No, I just understand the poll.

It's quite staggering how quickly you have to resort to insults when you're wrong, isn't it.

How long is this person going to be allowed to post lying trash like this?

If i replied in kind I'd no doubt be banned.

Because it isn't a lie. Some of us have reasonably good memories. So less of the feigned shock, please. :roll:

The person on benefits fails the drug test, by drinking the alcohol, and thus loses their right to claim (as per the poll, see post #1), even though they haven't spent their benefits on drugs.

Rubbish having a drink of alcohol is not using an illegal substance or abusing an illegal substance.

Archived