Drugs Testing for Benefits

Conrod

Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?

• Yes, and if they fail the tests have their benefits stopped until they can provide clear samples.
    • Yes, and if caught their benefits should be reduced by a percentage until they can pass.
    • They should only receive food and domestic service vouchers anyway, not money.
    • No, they should be able to spend other people's money any way they want, even illegally.

Do I take it that you're happy that some of your taxes go to feeding druggie/subsatnce abusers self created habits?

Regarding HMForces several of my family served throughout WWII, none of them became druggies.

Several of most people's families served in WW2. The drugs involved in war is another subject altogether. Also, only a complete idiot just passes every person who has or does take drugs as just a "druggies" or "substance abuser". Let me walk you through a little example.....What if say a young boy/girl has been abused throughout their childhood, never had any sort of upbringing or help from anyone and they eventually find themselves inevitably leading a life which has left them being addicted to alcohol, crack, whatever which they have probably moved into due to the people they have been around and used because basically they feel worthless and use substances to mask their unhappiness. Are these type of people, of which there are many just "stupid druggies" who we should leave with no help whatsoever? Your answer is probably yes, but that says a lot.

Foreign Aid is the best example of £Billions wasted.

Yes, only, white blokes who are into guns, racism and war should be granted any sort of cash. Ironically I feel most people who consider themselves "good old white british" are the ones who would have enjoyed living under Nazi rule the most, BNP, etc.

But a lot of benefit claimers HAVE BEEN and WILL BE tax payers. It's part of what we pay our taxes for - getting us over a period of unemployment. So you're made redundant, wouldn't you be offended that you were automatically assumed to be spending your benefits on drink and drugs. Maybe, just maybe you're using it to tide you over whilst you're looking for another job?! Maybe you thought you might be entitled to a bit of support, after all you've been paying taxes for donkey's years. Wouldn't you deserve some respect?

. . .. . Are these type of people, of which there are many just "stupid druggies" who we should leave with no help whatsoever? Your answer is probably yes, but that says a lot.
Yes, only, white blokes who are into guns, racism and war should be granted any sort of cash. Ironically I feel most people who consider themselves "good old white british" are the ones who would have enjoyed living under Nazi rule the most, BNP, etc.

So, do you or don't you think it would be a good idea to dissuade these poor 'victims' from spending what little money they have on drugs?

So, do you or don't you think it would be a good idea to dissuade these poor 'victims' from spending what little money they have on drugs?

What poor people need is work, good housing and equal access to healthcare and opportunity.

What they don't need is pompous self righteous gits like you telling them what they can spend their money on.

What do you imagine gives you the right to determine what anyone else spends their money on?

But a lot of benefit claimers HAVE BEEN and WILL BE tax payers. It's part of what we pay our taxes for - getting us over a period of unemployment. So you're made redundant, wouldn't you be offended that you were automatically assumed to be spending your benefits on drink and drugs. Maybe, just maybe you're using it to tide you over whilst you're looking for another job?! Maybe you thought you might be entitled to a bit of support, after all you've been paying taxes for donkey's years. Wouldn't you deserve some respect?

That's the thing. The OP doesn't respect anyone he perceives as being of lower status than himself.

This halfwitted suggestion is another manifestation of his appalling snobbery and disdain for the undeserving poor.

What poor people need is work, good housing and equal access to healthcare and opportunity.

What they don't need is pompous self righteous gits like you telling them what they can spend their money on.

What do you imagine gives you the right to determine what anyone else spends their money on?

I'm not claiming that right, but perhaps a government could. After all, it's not their money unless they've earned it - which they haven't. Food and service bill vouchers should be the method of payment for claimants.

As an aside, why do you find it necessary to stoop to personal insults?

That's the thing. The OP doesn't respect anyone he perceives as being of lower status than himself.

This halfwitted suggested is another manifestation of his appalling snobbery and disdain for the undeserving poor.

I think you may miss the point here. Surprisingly :rolleyes:.

My concern is that 'the poor' as you describe them (let's face it, many claimants are anything but poor) are in no position to squander what little financial resource they have available, and should be dissuaded from wasting food and household bill money on drugs. If you think that's a snobbish and half-witted concept, that's fine - what you think is often strange to say the least.

I think you may miss the point here. Surprisingly :rolleyes:.

My concern is that 'the poor' as you describe them (let's face it, many claimants are anything but poor) are in no position to squander what little financial resource they have available, and should be dissuaded from wasting food and household bill money on drugs. If you think that's a snobbish and half-witted concept, that's fine - what you think is often strange to say the least.

You're not big on allowing other people the same freedoms you enjoy are you?

Nobody is assuming that all benefit claimers are scroungers and subsatnce abusers but it is quite fair to assume that an awful lot are.And the tax payer is paying for that abuse.

Upon what do you base this statement?

I suspect it's biased media speak. Please don't believe everything you read in the Daily Mail.

Archived