Drugs Testing for Benefits

Conrod

Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should claimants have to pass random drug tests to receive benefits?

• Yes, and if they fail the tests have their benefits stopped until they can provide clear samples.
    • Yes, and if caught their benefits should be reduced by a percentage until they can pass.
    • They should only receive food and domestic service vouchers anyway, not money.
    • No, they should be able to spend other people's money any way they want, even illegally.

And most like my relatives didn't take up drugs, making excuses for 'bad conduct' is oh so typical of todays applologists

You don't seem to have any problem taking alcohol Bass. That's a drug that causes more bad conduct than cannabis ever has or ever will.

Yes, only, white blokes who are into guns, racism and war should be granted any sort of cash. Ironically I feel most people who consider themselves "good old white british" are the ones who would have enjoyed living under Nazi rule the most, BNP, etc.

You should read up on Imran Khan's statement posted today regarding wasted UK aid to pakistan.

You don't seem to have any problem taking alcohol Bass. That's a drug that causes more bad conduct than cannabis ever has or ever will.

Keep on the topic (if you can) this is about abuse of benefits being stopped.

Come to any pub I'm in when I drink two pints of shandy whilst on a gig, your argument falls flat on the fact that I'm not squandering tax payers money that is paid to me as a benefit.

Oh Bassman, might have known you'd be going in hard on this one. My whole outlook on this is that it's a ridiculous idea. Basically saying anyone who takes any sort of substance for whatever reason should be left to die with no money, no home, etc.
Substance abuse is substance abuse!

Why should the tax payer fund it?

They don't need to 'earn' the right to spend money how they chose.

This is England.

Actually, I think the way anybody spends somebody else's money should be decided by the person/people who provide the money, not the ones receiving it for nothing.

All rights should be earned, not granted irrespective.

Actually, I think the way anybody spends somebody else's money should be decided by the person/people who provide the money, not the ones receiving it for nothing.

Rubbish. The minute it goes into recipients hands it's theirs.

How would you take to it if I came and got my carburretor rejetted at your shop and then told you that you had to spend the cash I pay you with on drugs?

Rubbish. The minute it goes into recipients hands it's theirs.

How would you take to it if I came and got my carburretor rejetted at your shop and then told you that you had to spend the cash I pay you with on drugs?

Well, I wouldn't have that choice to make, your money would go into the company acounts, not mine, but even it it did go straight to me, the difference is that I would have earned that money, while the claimant would not.

Do you think a parent should have the right to restrict how a child spends its pocket money? The child hasn't earned that money, so the parent is right to limit the child's spending options.

Freedom of speech? Food and water? The right to choose where to live?

To make choices about what to do with one's body?

Freedom of speech is already limited - there's pelnty that we cannot say without breaking the law.

Food and water? Everybody should have the right to all the food and water they can earn.

Where to live? We only have limited right there - we can't live where we can't afford to live or where we're not allowed to live.

Choices with our own body? We can soon get into areas that can lead to arrest or sectioning if people get carried away there too.

Keep on the topic (if you can) this is about abuse of benefits being stopped.

Come to any pub I'm in when I drink two pints of shandy whilst on a gig, your argument falls flat on the fact that I'm not squandering tax payers money that is paid to me as a benefit.

You're the one that brought up so called 'bad conduct' Bassy, not I - you're claiming that smoking a bit of dope is 'bad conduct' whilst cheerfully consuming a product that's been shown to be involved 25% of hospital admissions, 32000 deaths a year, 14 million work days lost, 1.2 million crimes, 7% of RTA's and 50% of fatal RTA's.

So I think it's a little bizarre that you choose to decry dopers under the banner of 'bad conduct'.

Archived