After ten years Muslims make a stand against extremism.

Very good point - we should continue this line of appeasement, better to become part of the expanding Islamic state than resist it and remain Britain.

What line of appeasement Conrod?

How about dismantling the ages old English criminal justice system and making people responsible for crimes merely by virtue of their race, religion or skin colour because certain individuals within their communities are arseholes.

What line of appeasement Conrod?

How about dismantling the ages old English criminal justice system and making people responsible for crimes merely by virtue of their race, religion or skin colour because certain individuals within their communities are arseholes.

? Easy tiger, you seem to be losing a little of your normal reserve here.

Low blood sugar...see above :blush:

However, ALL terrorists-yes even the apparently appeased Muslim ones are arseholes without reservation.

With you on that of course, but while nobody is going to accuse the majority of those within our Islamic communities of being terrorists or potential terrorists, it becomes a little less clear if we ask the question of where their loyalty lies between the UK /British foreign policy and their religious/home nation priorities.

Viewed that way, there is still a big, big issue with lack of social integration and the resulting conflict of political interests does result in - at the very least - a turning of blind eyes or reluctance to report extremist activity.

With you on that of course, but while nobody is going to accuse the majority of those within our Islamic communities of being terrorists or potential terrorists, it becomes a little less clear if we ask the question of where their loyalty lies between the UK /British foreign policy and their religious/home nation priorities.

Viewed that way, there is still a big, big issue with lack of social integration and the resulting conflict of political interests does result in - at the very least - a turning of blind eyes or reluctance to report extremist activity.

If my own experiences are anything to go by I can answer that with some degree of accuracy being from an immigrant community myself.

Personally I consider myself British, but a Sheffielder principally because it's a community I know and am familiar with. I'd say I've more in common with a white lad from Handsworth, than I have a black one from Brixton. I've a passing affection for where my parents came from, and probably listen to news from the Caribbean with more interest than you might do.

The rampant Islamists in the UK are largely 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants, they're very much a product of our society, not a middle eastern one, warts n all, and their parents/grandparents wouldn't generally say boo to a goose. They are disenfranchised (like many of the young working class of all races) and seeking identity and affiliation (like the white youths who join the BNP and EDL).

None of this of course excuses their behaviour but as an experiment it's gone ass about tit, these youngsters were born and bred here, share a common language and education with the rest of us, yet have rebelled against the almost subservient demeanour of their forebears who were happy to come here to work and make Britain their home.

If my own experiences are anything to go by I can answer that with some degree of accuracy being from an immigrant community myself.

Personally I consider myself British, but a Sheffielder principally because it's a community I know and am familiar with. I'd say I've more in common with a white lad from Handsworth, than I have a black one from Brixton. I've a passing affection for where my parents came from, and probably listen to news from the Caribbean with more interest than you might do.

The rampant Islamists in the UK are largely 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants, they're very much a product of our society, not a middle eastern one, warts n all, and their parents/grandparents wouldn't generally say boo to a goose. They are disenfranchised (like many of the young working class of all races) and seeking identity and affiliation (like the white youths who join the BNP and EDL).

None of this of course excuses their behaviour but as an experiment it's gone ass about tit, these youngsters were born and bred here, share a common language and education with the rest of us, yet have rebelled against the almost subservient demeanour of their forebears who were happy to come here to work and make Britain their home.

I agree with you 100% here, but how to reintigrate (or initially integrate) these many thousands of disenfranchised young men is a huge problem. Overseas conflict between western military and Islamist 'terrorists/freedom fighters' has been both fuel and spark for a dry tinderbox of resentment and we now have a huge problem trying to work through the widening divisions in our cities.

I don't know how best to address it, and I think we both worry that nor does the government.

I agree with you 100% here, but how to reintigrate (or initially integrate) these many thousands of disenfranchised young men is a huge problem. Overseas conflict between western military and Islamist 'terrorists/freedom fighters' has been both fuel and spark for a dry tinderbox of resentment and we now have a huge problem trying to work through the widening divisions in our cities.

I don't know how best to address it, and I think we both worry that nor does the government.

I believe it's a storm in a teacup, a temporary hiatus in the development of the western world. Assuming the withdrawal of Western troops is timely, the Islamists will have little to hang their grievances on and will dissolve into the cesspit from which they came, hopefully the extreme elements of the EDL and other far right groups will join them and leave the rest of us to get on with it.

Archived