After ten years Muslims make a stand against extremism.

In fairness he's right though. Two good examples you quote, but for every non-Muslim example of a bomber/terrorist who has killed western people in the last decade, a quick Google will provide 10 or 50 names of recent Muslim bombers and killers - they are the 'most' he claims.

yeah fair enough, again it seems to come back to integration. those that have integrated into this society have no problem but those close insular communities are breding grounds for extremism, which I have no tolleration for regardless of race religion or creed.

In fairness he's right though. Two good examples you quote, but for every non-Muslim example of a bomber/terrorist who has killed western people in the last decade, a quick Google will provide 10 or 50 names of recent Muslim bombers and killers - they are the 'most' he claims.

..and what about the two decades prior to that? Most British resident Muslims might have been forgiven for believing their lives were at risk from the behaviour of home grown Christians, but I don't recall (quite rightly) any sensational conclusions being drawn about Christians or demands that Catholics apologised for the behaviour of the IRA-well only from loyalists.

..and what about the two decades prior to that? Most British resident Muslims might have been forgiven for believing their lives were at risk from the behaviour of home grown Christians, but I don't recall (quite rightly) any sensational conclusions being drawn about Christians or demands that Catholics apologised for the behaviour of the IRA-well only from loyalists.

The phrase you use there BF, 'home grown', is now commonly used to refer to terrorists (of our own nationality). When did Christian terrorists (by that I mean anybody invoking the Christian God or Jesus Christ as any part of their cause or justification) ever specifically threaten Muslims?

The phrase you use there BF, 'home grown', is now commonly used to refer to terrorists (of our own nationality). When did Christian terrorists (by that I mean anybody invoking the Christian God or Jesus Christ as any part of their cause or justification) ever specifically threaten Muslims?

the crusades

British muslims mainly live in cities, look at the patterns of attacks by the IRA and they target on the UK mainland only cities. British muslims probably had a per head of population higher chance of being a victim of the IRA than the average white Brit.

British muslims mainly live in cities, look at the patterns of attacks by the IRA and they target on the UK mainland only cities. British muslims probably had a per head of population higher chance of being a victim of the IRA than the average white Brit.

Hi Andy, the post I was replying too #135 by Boyfriday says "Most British resident Muslims might have been forgiven for believing their lives were at risk from the behaviour of home grown Christians". If it's specifically in reference to Irish terrorism, then I was thinking why only specifically Muslims thinking their lives were at risk? They were not being specifically targeted. In fact Irish terrorists targeted mainly Catholics or Protestants (depending which side), political, military and economical targets, and often gave prior coded warnings.

Hi Andy, the post I was replying too #135 by Boyfriday says "Most British resident Muslims might have been forgiven for believing their lives were at risk from the behaviour of home grown Christians". If it's specifically in reference to Irish terrorism, then I was thinking why only specifically Muslims thinking their lives were at risk? They were not being specifically targeted. In fact Irish terrorists targeted mainly Catholics or Protestants (depending which side), political, military and economical targets, and often gave prior coded warnings.

MJ, the IRA targetted british cities, clearly they never actively targetted muslims, they targetted people who live and work in british cities so british muslims were as likely to be a target as any other city dweller, and as more muslims live in cities than the average brit they might reasonably have assumed they were proportionately more at risk.

While there were some irish terrorists the majority were british, even if they did not want to be so "homegrown" is applicable.

Archived