After ten years Muslims make a stand against extremism.

This "it's the media thing" doesn't wash either. The media do want to see it. Not all granted but there's left and right in the media. I want to see it. You guys keep claiming it's there but I don't see it. Granted I'm not always looking but in the internet age I tend to find lots of things I'm not looking for, like the link that made me start this thread.

Take for instance the muslims on here. Some will daily post links having a pop at other cultures but fail to look at their own. Some just pop on and dismiss anything said about their religion as racist, as has been proven here.

So, if the media don't want to show me and if I'm too bigoted to look for it, why on earth do I not see threads on here or videos on Youtube showing all the hard work muslims are doing in their communities (both singular and multicultural) I'm sure the BBC would show some of it. Surely I should notice a little of it. There are after all a billion muslims. That's quite a voice in this internet age.

Though yes it's likely the media.

Granted I'm not always looking but in the internet age I tend to find lots of things I'm not looking for, like the link that made me start this thread.

And don't you think that younger muslims using the internet are becoming more enlightened as to worlds wider picture, the whole religion is going to have to take an eight century time jump to keep the respect and following of todays more enlightened young.

And don't you think that younger muslims using the internet are becoming more enlightened as to worlds wider picture, the whole religion is going to have to take an eight century time jump to keep the respect and following of todays more enlightened young.

Actually yes. If "the media" were so against anything positive with regards to Islam and standing up against the oppression caused in its name then why the hell am I aware of the Arab spring?

Yes I do find it rather cool that the Internet age is leading so many to question the teachings of Islam.

Maybe it's as simple as, no-one really has anything positive to say about Islam (and for balance the other religions). You don't see much of it online.

After ten years Muslims make a stand against extremism.

Why did it take so long, could it be that they've finaly realised that by their previous deafening silence on the matter they've provided the best ammunition for the BNP/EDL?

No, it's the media that have kept quiet thus feeding the likes of the BNP/EDL and you. Probably one, two or three in the same. You wouldn't know or see a good move if it jumped out and bit you in the ass...as poisonous as that is.

No, it's the media that have kept quiet thus feeding the likes of the BNP/EDL and you. Probably one, two or three in the same. You wouldn't know or see a good move if it jumped out and bit you in the ass...as poisonous as that is.

Please show us these things that the media won't show us or give over with that line.

I can feel a Chris Rock sketch coming on.

Actually yes. If "the media" were so against anything positive with regards to Islam and standing up against the oppression caused in its name then why the hell am I aware of the Arab spring?.

I honestly think that the Arab Spring is that best chance for peace we've had for ages, the only people against it are those whose medaeval preachings will in future be scorned.

Well, that excuses you and is excellent news.:D

Archived