After ten years Muslims make a stand against extremism.

The media has played a big part in demonising every Muslim in the UK (and on the planet).

Time for you to accept that.

The majority of Muslims have always stood against extremism. Just because you don't hear about it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Then again, do you really think the media would be interested in that ? - it wouldn't sell papers so they don't bother reporting it.

You do realise there's a difference between Jewish people and Zionist terrorists ?

Or are you that dense to think they're all one and the same ? :cool:

When extremism is in the open, it's opposed. When it's hidden, there's not much you can do about it.

Show me more opposition that the media is hiding from me. Surely as a good muslim you can provide me with links to work being done by muslim groups with the muslim youth to stop them turning to extremism. Surely there is some.

The only thing I'm seeing is a lot of excuse making and blaming the media.

Are you seriously telling me a 1200 year old religion with a billion members is silenced by the media whenever they do any good?

Can you just provide me with one link to one group doing good work in the community. Not an excuse just proof that this good work goes on.

It's absolutely the fault of the media, otherwise you'd know nothing about anything that happens beyond the end of your road. Just because (moderate) Muslims exist in a publicity vacuum doesn't mean as individuals they support terrorism or don't denounce it.

I'm still baffled as to why anyone believes Muslims are in anyway required to beat their chests in condemnation of terrorists, I certainly didn't when British football hooligans rampaged across Europe, but was happy to share my view with anyone who sought my opinion on the subject.

Here we go again. How is it the fault of the media. On this thread I have asked every person to simply provide one link to some good work. One person did but it was all stuff from the 90's.

Muslims can easily find a link of the bad work the Jews do, I don't hear them complaining it's the media. It's all a very crap excuse. If I'm so dumb as to believe the media why doesn't someone on this thread educate me?

I've been called a bigot and racist and all I've asked for is some good work. I provided some in my opening link so the "It's the media" line simply does not wash.

And for the record, no-one has asked muslims to condemn the behaviour. You shouldn't need to be asked. It should just come naturally and as such I'm sure one muslim somewhere has a blog about such things. Though I imagine the media have stamped it out.

Show me more opposition that the media is hiding from me. Surely as a good muslim you can provide me with links to work being done by muslim groups with the muslim youth to stop them turning to extremism. Surely there is some.

The only thing I'm seeing is a lot of excuse making and blaming the media.

Are you seriously telling me a 1200 year old religion with a billion members is silenced by the media whenever they do any good?

Can you just provide me with one link to one group doing good work in the community. Not an excuse just proof that this good work goes on.

Pop down to your local Mosque. You'd be amazed at what you'll find (i.e. you won't get lynched) :D

And I'm being serious btw; go to the Mosque and see for yourself :)

Pop down to your local Mosque. You'd be amazed at what you'll find (i.e. you won't get lynched) :D

And I'm being serious btw; go to the Mosque and see for yourself :)

OK, I'll go to a mosque if you come out with us for a bacon sarnie washed down with several beers.

Can't provide anything then?

If you want to see first-hand evidence of what the average Muslim is like, as I said, go down your local Mosque.

What are you afraid of, TE ? - that you'll find the majority are actually law-abiding citizens ?

That it'll shatter your notion of 99.9% of Muslims being 'bad' and who are 'out to get you' ? :cool:

OK, I'll go to a mosque if you come out with us for a bacon sarnie washed down with several beers.

Having a beer and bacon sarnie goes against my religious beliefs, Mecks :)

Going to the Mosque is for everyone, whether Muslim or non.

If you want to see first-hand evidence of what the average Muslim is like, as I said, go down your local Mosque.

What are you afraid of, TE ? - that you'll find the majority are actually law-abiding citizens ?

That it'll shatter your notion of 99.9% of Muslims are 'bad' and are 'out to get you' ? :cool:

There you go with the judgement. All these people on here suggesting it's my bigoted attitude. Why as an atheist would I want to go to a mosque. If it's all around me surely I wouldn't have to go to a mosque. I've simply asked for links of work being done by muslims in the community to keep other muslims from turning to extremism. I even did a few googles myself. I found a few things but nothing truly positive. Mainly stuff about multiculturalism and how peaceful Islam is.

You go to a mosque I imagine. Why don't you tell me what goes on. You have no problem telling us what jews sorry extremist Zionists are up to in Israel.

For instance, just to make it really simple. I've never been to St Luke's Hospice but I'm very aware of the good work they do as people on here often provide links or anecdotes.

Archived