Pub Pints - Are some glasses smaller than a pint ?

I have a kronenbourg pint glass, says pint on the glass and is the same as in pubs yet it does not hold a pint of beer. Poured the beer into a Peroni pint glass and that holds the full pint.

Do I have an odd kronenbourg pint glass or are they designed to hold less than a pint and if they are how do they get away with it in pubs?

I have a kronenbourg pint glass, says pint on the glass and is the same as in pubs yet it does not hold a pint of beer. Poured the beer into a Peroni pint glass and that holds the full pint.

Do I have an odd kronenbourg pint glass or are they designed to hold less than a pint and if they are how do they get away with it in pubs?

You can always report it to Trading Standards.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/sheffield/link2.htm

BTW did you nick the glass from a pub :suspect:

Do they both actually say "pint" on them? Do either of them have a mark, just below the rim which says 1 pint? As above, one may be a pint to the rim, whereas the other has a marked pint with room for the head, above.

The glass should have "PINT CE" stamped on it. If is is old, it might have a crown on it.

Is it possible that your little glass holds a US pint, which is about 20% smaller than a UK pint?

The glass should have "PINT CE" stamped on it. If is is old, it might have a crown on it.

Is it possible that your little glass holds a US pint, which is about 20% smaller than a UK pint?

That would make sense if the glass was a US beer branded glass, but its not. Maybe its an Australian pint glass? Or a glass that was supposed to be for consumer use and not for use in pubs?

All glasses in pubs should hold a full pint. They will either say "pint" on them or they might have a crown stamped on it. Some will also have a line on them to because they are oversized. You usually get oversized glasses if the beer pumps are measured and not free flow.

Archived