Why are people so cynical and nasty

What is wrong with the black eye bit and don't come out with the pc load of tosh coz you are the first person on sf i have come accross who has mentioned that saying black eye will attract unwanted attention. :loopy:

What's the 'pc load of tosh'?

I have seen a thread before where somebody put pretty much the same thing which then turned into a 'you say that on pc but would you have the guts to punch someone' kind of thing.

As for 'There is nothing wrong with putting black eye in your post so don't let anyone tell you any different, it has never been politically incorrect to say black eye' Now I'm confused? Seems like you've taken it the wrong way :loopy:

What's the 'pc load of tosh'?

I have seen a thread before where somebody put pretty much the same thing which then turned into a 'you say that on pc but would you have the guts to punch someone' kind of thing.

As for 'There is nothing wrong with putting black eye in your post so don't let anyone tell you any different, it has never been politically incorrect to say black eye' Now I'm confused? Seems like you've taken it the wrong way :loopy:

Seems i did take a wrong turn then as I read the op's post no 6 where they say in reply to your post that they forgot it may be politically incorrect to state black eye and you don't state what exactly meant in your post so took it to mean it was political correctness you was on about.

It isn't wrong for the op to state that if they said it to peoples face they would get a black eye either so can't see the thread getting closed.

Seems i did take a wrong turn then as I read the op's post no 6 where they say in reply to your post that they forgot it may be politically incorrect to state black eye and you don't state what exactly meant in your post so took it to mean it was political correctness you was on about.

It isn't wrong for the op to state that if they said it to peoples face they would get a black eye either so can't see the thread getting closed.

I see, I was incredibly confused as to what I had said wrong. I was agreeing with the OP though as I said I'd seen a comment similar in a thread a long time ago which turned into a ridiculous argument over courage. Was just letting the OP know what 'could' happen. Obviously she doesn't have to remove it, but at least now she won't be surprised if somebody says 'you wouldn't dare either' (or similar)

I have been involved in a few heated conversations about cyclists, and I have really been savaged from the local cycling community. Its ok to disagree about various topics, but to preach and fill the pages with "cyclists are "Holier than Thou" bile, is just the sort of thing that this thread is talking about. Im sure many of us have had "heated" chats about many topics with each other, but I do not think my views are more important than anyone elses, unlike some of the arrogant people that roam this forum. I do so hope I have put this across, as to not get a savaging for it:)

It is for this reason why I hardly ever post on SF anymore. I've seen alot of regulars disappear over the last 6 months or so. Occasionally i'll start to type a response or post a new thread then just delete it and go elsewhere. There's far too much bickering and snobbery on here now, it's not like it used to be. I'm almost afraid to post from fear of being drawn into an arguement!

I have been involved in a few heated conversations about cyclists, and I have really been savaged from the local cycling community. Its ok to disagree about various topics, but to preach and fill the pages with "cyclists are "Holier than Thou" bile, is just the sort of thing that this thread is talking about. Im sure many of us have had "heated" chats about many topics with each other, but I do not think my views are more important than anyone elses, unlike some of the arrogant people that roam this forum. I do so hope I have put this across, as to not get a savaging for it:)
I agree with the cyclists comment. Being a motorcyclist I've had a couple of run ins with cyclists who think bus lanes are entirely for their purpose whilst I recognise that both us 2 wheeled users are simply guests who are allowed to use the space designated for buses. Both of them though of me as scum for being a petrol user... :(

Also, are we talking about anyone in particular here OP ?

Archived