BBC go with BCE and not BC.

More pandering, just cos something Christian related might upset a few Muslims or whoever.. The PC Brigade seriously needs to shut up IMO.

The thing here is that it actually makes things worse. We're sat here now thinking "why should we change things for ethnic minorities", and it doesn't help integration it makes it harder!!!

Immigrants to the UK should fully take on the way we do things, our language, laws, and know fully that their kids will be brought up in this environment.

The thing here is that it actually makes things worse. We're sat here now thinking "why should we change things for ethnic minorities", and it doesn't help integration it makes it harder!!!

Immigrants to the UK should fully take on the way we do things, our language, laws, and know fully that their kids will be brought up in this environment.

I'm not an ethnic minority nor am I religious and I completely agree with the eradication of its use.

It's worth keeping the dates the same, especially the years.

Or you will just end up making a lot of work for computer programmers, who traditionally don't like that sort of thing.

It wouldn't necessarily be as much work as you think. Most computer software processes dates in Unix time - which started on 00:00:00 UTC on 1 January 1970. Maybe we should switch to defining dates as Before Unix (BU) and Anno Unix (AU). :)

Is it the BBC's role* to impose changes on our use of language?

I'm quite comfortable with BC and AD and have no religious persuasion that I know of. You are correct of course about 5,000 years ago being much more sensible for most comparative purposes but that doesn't tell us when Julius Ceasar was murdered. (15/3/44BC as every schoolboy knows)

Sure it does, it would be the ides of march in the year 2966 AC.

Instead of using the anonymous term The BBC why not name the individuals responsible for this initiative and let them as individuals explain their reasons and be made to realise that these decisions offend many of the majority of inhabitants of this country.

Does "many of the majority" mean a minority of people?

Archived