Can anyone recommend me an estate car?

How many adults do you need to carry regularly in the car? I ask this because I couldn't recommend my Skoda Fabia highly enough except for the lack of leg room in the back if you've got 2 6'plus adults in the front.

The only things that have gone wrong in the 3 years I've had my Fabia are that the handbrake needed adjustment because it started to travel just a bit too far and a nut in the hinges of the driver's door started to undo itself repeatedly until it was tightened and had some Threadlock put on it. Other than that it's been a trouble free work horse for all sorts of things.

I'm not planning on having a Fabia next time, but that's only because we're likely to have two lanky teenagers to transport with us on a regular basis so I'll be going for something with a bit more leg room in the back. If it had just that bit more then I'd be happy to have the same car every time.

Peugeot 406, can't be beaten for space, comfort, reliability and economy. We get over 50 to gallon on 2.1 diesel and the bodywork is galvanised so never rots. We used to have 1988 305 which was same, put it through 5 tests and the only thing it failed on was handbrake needed taking up and one of headlights needed resealing.:D:D Then some clown ran into back of OH while he was parked at red light, we were gutted - it was a classic.:roll::roll:

Archived