"Cartoon" eyes on TV

Anyone ever had this, maybe four or so times in the last year a pair of "cartoon" eyes have appeared in the top corner of our TV screen, they look one way and then the other and then disappear. I have asked several of my mates if they have expierienced this and no-one has. Has anyone else?:huh:

Anyone ever had this, maybe four or so times in the last year a pair of "cartoon" eyes have appeared in the top corner of our TV screen, they look one way and then the other and then disappear. I have asked several of my mates if they have expierienced this and no-one has. Has anyone else?:huh:

I used to see them regularly whilst watching tv on the wind down after a heavy clubbing session.

It was also used to signify going from a live transmission to a film segment, during live programmes such as The News or This Morning- type Progs, in the past.

Actually, the black a white scrolling bar was there were there for some enabled VCR's to suspend the recording during the adverts/commerical break.

Actually, the black a white scrolling bar was there were there for some enabled VCR's to suspend the recording during the adverts/commerical break.

It was used way before VCRs. It was used as a signal to local service providers so that they could supply local ads/programming.

Archived