Making Money On Internet Auction Sites.

So very true. I have a retail store and some customers can be abusive even if they've not read the information! /sigh

Well thank God we didn't have to deal with the abuse in person. But really, what are they thinking? NO, you can't get a refund AND keep the item! WTH?!

A lot of it went to China. My girl told me buyers from there would come into the store and buy thousands and thousands of dollars worth of clothing, shoes and purses. She actually did strike up sort of a pen pal friendship with a university student from some province (can't remember which one). In exchange for some hard to get name brand American items (that he was probably reselling) he sent some really unique Chinese stuff and Hello Kitty (good lord, but what the heck, she was then about 16) purses and T-shirts.

He seemed like a nice kid. I hope he graduated. :)

Well thank God we didn't have to deal with the abuse in person. But really, what are they thinking? NO, you can't get a refund AND keep the item! WTH?!

I get that a lot...

But best of all, by far the 'highlight' of my job is when they call me up at nine am on a Monday morning and say (quite seriously): "I placed an order on Saturday, it's not here yet..."

Yeah, that never gets old.

I get that a lot...

But best of all, by far the 'highlight' of my job is when they call me up at nine am on a Monday morning and say (quite seriously): "I placed an order on Saturday, it's not here yet..."

Yeah, that never gets old.

You are kidding. :shocked:

Perhaps they think you're personally bringing their stuff over? You know, when you're not working. Because you have no other customers. Just them. ;)

I figured there'd be the occasional problem, but it made me wonder how on earth that many people could really be:

A. That clueless.

B. Possibly trying to scam something for free.

C. Have us confused with WalMart.

Oh, I've had people expecting their orders on Monday after placing on Saturday morning!

One woman said - very coldly - it should have been posted Saturday!

But, the best thing of ALL is when they take a late Royal Mail delivery as some kind of personal attack against them!

I once had an eBay buyer a few years ago, buy some phone accessories. I was good at posting, I would go down to Brightside and catch the last mail at 7.30pm, and buyers were getting things the next day, but this one guy complained 3 hours after purchase. He needed the stuff that night, for his girlfriend's birthday, and had wanted them delivering via courier to London, immediately... On his free P+P and without telling me, of course. I'm sure he was taking the mick, but you never know with some of the idiots on there!

Hi

We agree re the comment about high "fees." FACT

First its the advertising costs, then selling percentages and if you is buying, ruddy paypally - then the post office is taking the p.

We did get a response from our niece, she thanks all for the advice.

We feel Ebay has had its day, fact

Archived