Do you believe in man made global warming?

So do you believe climate change is man made?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. So do you believe climate change is man made?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Don't care either way

At the present the earth is warming and the CO2 concentration is 390-PPM, never in the earth's history has the concentration

been so high!

Sorry, but that is not true.

CO2 Levels have been much higher in the past.

There has historically been much more CO2 in our atmosphere than exists today. For example, during the Jurassic Period (200 mya), average CO2 concentrations were about 1800 ppm or about 4.8 times higher than today. The highest concentrations of CO2 during all of the Paleozoic Era occurred during the Cambrian Period, nearly 7000 ppm -- about 19 times higher than today.

The Carboniferous Period and the Ordovician Period were the only geological periods during the Paleozoic Era when global temperatures were as low as they are today. To the consternation of global warming proponents, the Late Ordovician Period was also an Ice Age while at the same time CO2 concentrations then were nearly 12 times higher than today-- 4400 ppm. According to greenhouse theory, Earth should have been exceedingly hot. Instead, global temperatures were no warmer than today. Clearly, other factors besides atmospheric carbon influence earth temperatures and global warming.

source http://ff.org/centers/csspp/library/co2weekly/2005-08-18/dioxide.htm

Well who cares really, so the ice is melting and sea levels will rise by a metre in 50 years, let those work it out then. I do like the photos of glaciers as they were 50 years ago and now all that new land exposed is now up for grabs, good thing too if you ask me, especially with the housing shortages.

Do you really think anyone will give up driving, buying lots of stuff, ever? Capitalism and global warming are diametrically opposed to each other, and I say sod those alarmists. So the theatre is on fire, why not just enjoy the show, and panic when its really necessary like they did on the Titanic, rearranging those deck chairs.

So stop worrying, so we are just speeding it all up, live for now and sod the future, is that not what life is about. Live for today and tomorrow can either take care of itself.

Why worry when nothing will happen, ever. ENJOY!

Well who cares really, so the ice is melting and sea levels will rise by a metre in 50 years, let those work it out then. I do like the photos of glaciers as they were 50 years ago and now all that new land exposed is now up for grabs, good thing too if you ask me, especially with the housing shortages.

Do you really think anyone will give up driving, buying lots of stuff, ever? Capitalism and global warming are diametrically opposed to each other, and I say sod those alarmists. So the theatre is on fire, why not just enjoy the show, and panic when its really necessary like they did on the Titanic, rearranging those deck chairs.

So stop worrying, so we are just speeding it all up, live for now and sod the future, is that not what life is about. Live for today and tomorrow can either take care of itself.

Why worry when nothing will happen, ever. ENJOY!

poor trolling attempt :roll:

At the present the earth is warming and the CO2 concentration

is 390-PPM, never in the earth's history has the concentration

been so high!

You should have said never in human history as CO2 been higher, two examples of when it was higher have been given, go back even further before life began when our planet was too hot for life and it was higher still. Past climate changes have been linked to mass extinctions, it only takes a small increase in temperature to affect life at the bottom of the food chain, if they die or reduce in numbers the domino effect could be disastrous.

I for one don’t want my grandchildren if I ever get any to pay the price for our inaction.

You should have said never in human history as CO2 been higher, two examples of when it was higher have been given, go back even further before life began when our planet was too hot for life and it was higher still. Past climate changes have been linked to mass extinctions, it only takes a small increase in temperature to affect life at the bottom of the food chain, if they die or reduce in numbers the domino effect could be disastrous.

I for one don’t want my grandchildren if I ever get any to pay the price for our inaction.

How do you explain the fact that in previous times the level of CO2 has been higher yet the temperature lower and vice-versa?

Even if the Co2 rises are a blip or natural or whatever, do you really think our current lifesyle is susstainable and beneficiall? that alone should be a good reason to make a change.

as mentioned earlier we have little to lose and everything to gain by changing our ways

How do you explain the fact that in previous times the level of CO2 has been higher yet the temperature lower and vice-versa?

also, you're misunderstanding the term 'warming' its continuous increase in average global temperature, not just some years are warmer that others. Look at the increasing frequency of extreme weather events. more of this will be on the way if we are not carefull

also, you're misunderstanding the term 'warming' its continuous increase in average global temperature, not just some years are warmer that others. Look at the increasing frequency of extreme weather events. more of this will be on the way if we are not carefull

No I'm not I know the difference.. it would appear that it's the proponents of manmade climate change that are confused,first it was global warming ,then climate change and now,to cover all bases I suppose,it's climate chaos (when has it ever been anything other?)..show a link that gives the frequency of "extreme weather events".. according to some there has been no warming over the past 10 years even though the concentration of CO2 has increased..if CO2 is the culprit then how does this happen?

Archived