Would you be suspicious? Ebay

I recently advertised two items on eBay.

Both were large bulky items that would cost quite a bit in postage so I deliberately specified collection only.

At the end of the auctions both items had been won by people living in London!!

Anyway, as soon as the auctions ended I got messages from both buyers (in very bad broken English) stating that they had paid via paypal and could I please send my address & mobile number so their courier can collect ASAP.

Checked paypal, no payments.

On eBay the listings state payment pending one minute and buyer not paid the next:confused:

I keep getting emails saying that their couriers are waiting to collect, and each time they reply saying there must be a problem with eBay?

I have refused to give them my details until I have payment but it's been 4 days now.

Anyone else had any experience of this?

Thanks

Ebay is a haven for crooks. The main rule of thumb is: if it feels like a con, it almost certainly is!

In this case, ignore until you receive payment. And in situations like this, even if they have paid through PayPal, I would not sell to them (as they're only going to do a charge back later).

I know loads of transactions are safe, but always protect yourself.

I'd go with that ^. I've recently sold the same item twice, first buyer turned up and said its not what she thought it was, refused it and left. I tried to get the fees back and she refused to cancel the transaction. Hence I'm stuck with them.

I relisted it with a BIN and within a few hours another buyer had pressed it, since the sale, I've heard nothing, and a quick look at his feedback reveals he has done exactly the same thing with an identical item only a week before.

I've since complained to ebay. Their system has changed so that only buyers can leave negative feedback, I think its a bit unfair, when in both my cases a negative feedback would be well justified.

Archived