Has anything good ever come from Wales ?

Mr. George Lloyd (1888-1974) was born in Shotton. He attended Hawarden Grammar School and served as an engineering apprentice with Willans and Robinson, of Queensferry. He later became Engineering Works Manager of British Insulated Callendars Cables Ltd., (B.I.C.C.) at Preseot, Lanes, and retired in 1953. He served in the Machine Gun Corps in the First War in the Middle East. He was always interested in history and archaeology and undertook a. great deal of research in his spare time. He contributed several important articles to the Journal of the Flintshire Historical Society, of which he 'was^fice-President and to that of the Cambrian Archaeological Association, oE^which he was President in i960. His notes and articles on aspects of Deeside nistory frequently appeared in the local press, and he was often consulted "for information on the history of his native county.In his spare time he rearranged his name and became PM leading the country to victory in WW1 at the age of 30.

And died in 1974? :hihi:

Another apocryphal tale-why not tell the truth?

we were in a pub in Wales where they changed language,....it didnt bother me but what I did notice was that all of then were smaller..I'm only 6' but i towered over most of them....I do like the roads signs in both languages though

My SOs gran was a native welsh speaker, and she had no trouble communicating with Bretons in their language.

The welsh for "microwave oven" always amuses me.

Although they have the same roots and there are many words that are similar, the Breton language has had a thousand years of separate development from Cornish and Welsh.

A native Welsh speaker would not easily be able to have a conversation with a Breton but could ( did) have a laugh comparing words.

Pobty ping = ping oven = microwave oven

Mr. George Lloyd (1888-1974) was born in Shotton. He attended Hawarden Grammar School and served as an engineering apprentice with Willans and Robinson, of Queensferry. He later became Engineering Works Manager of British Insulated Callendars Cables Ltd., (B.I.C.C.) at Preseot, Lanes, and retired in 1953. He served in the Machine Gun Corps in the First War in the Middle East. He was always interested in history and archaeology and undertook a. great deal of research in his spare time. He contributed several important articles to the Journal of the Flintshire Historical Society, of which he 'was^fice-President and to that of the Cambrian Archaeological Association, oE^which he was President in i960. His notes and articles on aspects of Deeside nistory frequently appeared in the local press, and he was often consulted "for information on the history of his native county.In his spare time he rearranged his name and became PM leading the country to victory in WW1 at the age of 30.

He was a very clever man then he was born in 1863 and 1888 and died in 1945 and 1974, did he have a Tardis and then come back as David Lloyd Tennant

I can't believe no one has put the beautiful Katherine Jenkins, she has the most pitch pefect voice, it has the power to move me to tears, and then of course her gorgeous fiance Gethin Jones.

Also as someone has said many amazing male voice choirs, what a wonderful sound they make especially singing Men Of Harlech.

My SOs gran was a native welsh speaker, and she had no trouble communicating with Bretons in their language.

The welsh for "microwave oven" always amuses me.

That is understandable. Microwave ovens are fairly new.

The Welsh for 'helicopter' is (AFAIR) Heliocopter.

But what's the Welsh for 'coat'?

Archived