Has anything good ever come from Wales ?

I can't believe no one has put the beautiful Katherine Jenkins, she has the most pitch pefect voice, it has the power to move me to tears, and then of course her gorgeous fiance Gethin Jones.

Also as someone has said many amazing male voice choirs, what a wonderful sound they make especially singing Men Of Harlech.

Oh yes forgot about katherine jenkins,she is stunning.:)

Almost certainly apocryphal and just the kind of rubbish that makes you understand why Welsh people think the English arrogant.

As anyone who has spent anytime in Welsh speaking areas of Wales will know people converse in Welsh in pubs, on the school playground everywhere. It's not exactly rocket science it's their language so they speak it! How arrogant to think that they all can't wait to speak English and are only speaking their own language to **** off English people.

And what is this rare South Yorkshire dialect that is so impenetrable that someone else that can understand English can't decipher...? I've yet to hear it spoken myself.

In other words a pretty ridiculous pointless post really.

PS Surely it's being rather pedantic to say Lloyd George was not a Welsh prime minister - nb born to Welsh speaking Welsh parents in the 3 months they were in Manchester looking for work.

our lass is from manchester and when i'm with my cousins she can hardly understand a word we say - it's a sheffield thing, if you are not from here you will not have a clue - so shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!

Hi

We met a good officer of the law in Wales.

About 15/17 years ago, the first time we had gone to wales, driving back from the coast to Cardif doing 75 in a 60 zone, officer stopped us. Immediately we declared our unwitting transgression. He said, "Sir, are you from london, of people from there speed." We said, "Sir, that may be the case, but it was a genuine mistake but you are at your liberty to throw the book at us, however, we promise not to break the 30mph law as we never break that speed limit nor the 40, but the 50/60/70mph limits could break by 5mph conditions permitting." He laughed and complimented us on our honesty and excellent a dnv ery flash car and let us off

:) :)

Archived