Has anything good ever come from Wales ?

An Englishman is only a Hun or a Viking whose grand-daddys had a boat and sailed across the seas to steal the island from the Celts and in time invented ale from wassail :hihi:

There is a Mesolithic Bronze Age burial ground close to Padley Gorge, not many Huns or Vikings around then.

Two mates went into a pub in North Wales, as soon as they were recognised as being English, the customers and staff reverted to speaking Welsh. My mates than started speaking Sheffield slang in broad Sheffield accents, the taffies hadn't got a clue what was going on. :hihi:

Two mates went into a pub in North Wales, as soon as they were recognised as being English, the customers and staff reverted to speaking Welsh. My mates than started speaking Sheffield slang in broad Sheffield accents, the taffies hadn't got a clue what was going on. :hihi:
My late wife Pat and her friend Ruth, both pregnant, set out from the naval air station at Brawdy near Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, and boarded a train to Swansea for a prenup appointment. They shared a compartment with two Welshwomen who began immediately speaking in Welsh all the way. The commentary must have been a little insulting to say the least. However as our wives left the train, Ruth turned to the women and spoke to them in perfect welsh. I would have liked to have seen their faces.:)

Yes I have heard of David Lloyd George and Neil Kinnock. What does this add to my comment that John Prescott was the nearest there has been to a Welsh born Prime Minister?

Lloyd-George wasn't Welsh born, technically, by three months. But he was Welsh, and he was Prime minister, and lived there since the age of 3 months.

As far as I know Julia Gillard is the only Welsh born prime minister. Michael Heseltine came quite close at one point, closer than Prescott ever was to actually being prime minister.

They were both Welsh and both Prime Miinister?

Kinnock was not a PM

Lloyd-George was born in Manchester

Heseltine and Prescott were both deputy PMs- both on the wrong side of their respective parties to get elected to the highest office.

Julia Gillard- well spotted Phanerothyme - the current Australian PM

There is a Mesolithic Bronze Age burial ground close to Padley Gorge, not many Huns or Vikings around then.

The Huns and Vikings started to make their appearance in Britain not long after the Romans departed around 450 AD.

The final Viking invasion took place in 1066. French speaking Normans but essentially of the Viking race

Archived