Has anything good ever come from Wales ?

Just pointing out the general stupidity of your posts. Doesn't really fit the dictionary defintion of trolling does it?

No it's just rank bad manners insulting people's intelligence, don't waste your self opinionated time on an old fool like me, who can most probably afford to buy and sell you.

I do not agree. Welsh people are some of the most xenophobic I have ever met. In the Welsh school I attended we used to get detention for speaking English on the playground (just worth mentioning).

I have since been back to Wales many times with my Yorkshire friends and on many occaisions have heard locals and staff in bars talk about us in a very negative way. They soon shrink back when I admonish their attitude in Welsh.

Well its sort of understandable after having been banned from speaking their own language at school for many years as part of English government policy so they're going to be a bit for touchy about it.

And even though you and your friends probably don't conform to ther stereotype themselves the average English people Welsh people see are the middle class types who buy second homes, destroy their communities and try to take over. Unfortunately they conflate all English people as they same.

It's like the old story of the English person in Wales being ridiculed for being a "posh English *******" and remonstrating that how could they be as their father had been a face worker from a Barnsley pit only to be told "I don't care what he was you're all posh English ******** to us".

Two mates went into a pub in North Wales, as soon as they were recognised as being English, the customers and staff reverted to speaking Welsh. My mates than started speaking Sheffield slang in broad Sheffield accents, the taffies hadn't got a clue what was going on. :hihi:

Another apocryphal tale-why not tell the truth?

My late wife Pat and her friend Ruth, both pregnant, set out from the naval air station at Brawdy near Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, and boarded a train to Swansea for a prenup appointment. They shared a compartment with two Welshwomen who began immediately speaking in Welsh all the way. The commentary must have been a little insulting to say the least. However as our wives left the train, Ruth turned to the women and spoke to them in perfect welsh. I would have liked to have seen their faces.:)

Another lie.Pembrokeshire was colonised by the English and the Hugonoets;it has never been a Welsh speaking area-just leave the Welsh alone and end your prejudice.

Kinnock was not a PM

Lloyd-George was born in Manchester

Heseltine and Prescott were both deputy PMs- both on the wrong side of their respective parties to get elected to the highest office.

Julia Gillard- well spotted Phanerothyme - the current Australian PM

I am sorry but his birth was registered in Manchester,but he was born on the train at Connahs Quay on the Welsh coast.Also Ram C Mcdonald was was Welsh:hihi::hihi::hihi:,and RabC Nesbitt a Scot

Well, I didn't know that.

Mr. George Lloyd (1888-1974) was born in Shotton. He attended Hawarden Grammar School and served as an engineering apprentice with Willans and Robinson, of Queensferry. He later became Engineering Works Manager of British Insulated Callendars Cables Ltd., (B.I.C.C.) at Preseot, Lanes, and retired in 1953. He served in the Machine Gun Corps in the First War in the Middle East. He was always interested in history and archaeology and undertook a. great deal of research in his spare time. He contributed several important articles to the Journal of the Flintshire Historical Society, of which he 'was^fice-President and to that of the Cambrian Archaeological Association, oE^which he was President in i960. His notes and articles on aspects of Deeside nistory frequently appeared in the local press, and he was often consulted "for information on the history of his native county.In his spare time he rearranged his name and became PM leading the country to victory in WW1 at the age of 30.

Mr. George Lloyd (1888-1974) was born in Shotton. He attended Hawarden Grammar School and served as an engineering apprentice with Willans and Robinson, of Queensferry. He later became Engineering Works Manager of British Insulated Callendars Cables Ltd., (B.I.C.C.) at Preseot, Lanes, and retired in 1953. He served in the Machine Gun Corps in the First War in the Middle East. He was always interested in history and archaeology and undertook a. great deal of research in his spare time. He contributed several important articles to the Journal of the Flintshire Historical Society, of which he 'was^fice-President and to that of the Cambrian Archaeological Association, oE^which he was President in i960. His notes and articles on aspects of Deeside nistory frequently appeared in the local press, and he was often consulted "for information on the history of his native county.In his spare time he rearranged his name and became PM leading the country to victory in WW1 at the age of 30.

Good ole Google eh!? :hihi:

Archived