Imran Khan says stop UK Aid to Pakistan

yeah I am struggling to see what problem the son of an immigrant can have with immigration as a principal.

Wha was it ok when your parents came but now we're full or something?

the EDL and BNP like to roll out a token 2nd generation immigrant, they say 'im english, I was born here, these people have no right to come over'

facepalm on so many levels

They might, be please don't be so vulgar as to imply any connection between me and those morons.

As for your opening line, anybody with a shred of common should understand that our current problems with housing shortage, public service overstretch and urban tensions are not helped by excessive immigration. I'm British and proud of it - my loyalty is to Britain and if that means saying I think immigration is currenty (I stress currently) at the wrong level, that does not make me a hypocrite. I'm just willing to be honest and a realist.

They might, be please don't be so vulgar as to imply any connection between me and those morons.

As for your opening line, anybody with a shred of common should understand that our current problems with housing shortage, public service overstretch and urban tensions are not helped by excessive immigration. I'm British and proud of it - my loyalty is to Britain and if that means saying I think immigration is currenty (I stress currently) at the wrong level, that does not make me a hypocrite. I'm just willing to be honest and a realist.

housing shortage in certain areas.

I have no problem with immigration but I do have a problem with lack of integration once people are here. thre's somethign like half a million un occuiped homes in britain and the potential to build on brownfield sites, just not neccesarily where there is a build up of people.

housing shortage in certain areas.

I have no problem with immigration but I do have a problem with lack of integration once people are here. thre's somethign like half a million un occuiped homes in britain and the potential to build on brownfield sites, just not neccesarily where there is a build up of people.

I think we're sort of on the same song sheet.

Ever nation needs immigration. All societies need to exchange experience, ideas and culture with those of other nations - without that, they would stagnate. History shows us that successful nations are the ones that can learn and improve from not only their own experiences, but the benefit of learning from others.

However, immigration levels do need to be sensible (which they have not been here for a while), and integration is - as you rightly say - a very important aspect of immigration which can be a potential problem.

I think we're sort of on the same song sheet.

Ever nation needs immigration. All societies need to exchange experience, ideas and culture with those of other nations - without that, they would stagnate. History shows us that successful nations are the ones that can learn and improve from not only their own experiences, but the benefit of learning from others.

However, immigration levels do need to be sensible (which they have not been here for a while), and integration is - as you rightly say - a very important aspect of immigration which can be a potential problem.

I think we are, but there are benefits for us as well people just don't seem to take them. Go work a ski season in austria, the tourism beat in holland or the beaches in spain and enjoy life :D

To some posters on SF, the far right seems to include anybody not left of the Lib Dems.

That's blatantly nonsensical.

I'm not entirely 'white English', so if somebody like me feels the need to voice concern over problems with immigration and racial sub-groups in the community, you're going to look pretty silly calling me racist.

Nobody is calling you anything so your point above has not relevance. If you belive the reason above could disqualifies someone from holding racist views you are fooling yourself. You probably believe that whites who have non-white partners can't hold racist views because they spend time with someone of a different ethnicity.

Right of centre isn’t far right, it’s middle ground variation.

No one has said otherwise. :|

People on here express Conservative views and are decried as being of the far right. They’re not.
They are several far right racists who persistently abuse this forum. If you'd been here longer you'd have had the chance to notice.

The Tories are no more far right than the Lib Dems are far left.

Sice you are unaware, there have always been far right elements within the conservative Party.

Because I've been raising points like the one raised by IK I seem to have gained the "far right" label, which made me laugh..

Sticks and stones.....:hihi:

Can't say I've ever noticed anyone on here describe you as such.

Archived