Imran Khan says stop UK Aid to Pakistan

That wasn't my point though Conrod, Khan's view has credibility because he actually has a knowledge and love of his country, just as would a white man who had lived there or had an emotional connection to it. But invariably when we see objections from people to aid being sent to Pakistan it's because they're haters, with a miserly self interest.

Think you're off a little there BF, Pakistan is not unique regarding corruption soaking up aid, this is common in most aid recipients countries where little or no benefit is seen for the aid money poured in.

Think you're off a little there BF, Pakistan is not unique regarding corruption soaking up aid, this is common in most aid recipients countries where little or no benefit is seen for the aid money poured in.

That may or may not be true Bass, but the point I'm making is that the objections form many quarters have little to do with the economic and social development of Pakistan, I suspect they'd still be moaning if 100% of the aid was utilised correctly.

That wasn't my point though Conrod, Khan's view has credibility because he actually has a knowledge and love of his country, just as would a white man who had lived there or had an emotional connection to it. But invariably when we see objections from people to aid being sent to Pakistan it's because they're haters, with a miserly self interest.
I'm not so sure people disapprove of aid to Pakistan because they're 'haters', or necessarily miserly (well, maybe a bit of the latter), but because Pakistan, like so many developing countries, is a lot better off than people realise and could redistribute its own spending very easily if it so chose.

My own view is that Pakistan would have budget for all the mops and buckets it now needs if it hadn't spent a billion or two on a nuclear programme.

They can afford quite a military budget with 2600 tanks and 1400 aircraft. We, for example, have about the same aircraft numbers but a quarter of the tanks, better though ours may be.

If Pakistan can spend $6 billion a year on defence, it doesn't need aid from us.

I guess he's desperate to get is ugly mug in the papers again.

Ugly?! Are you using the term as a figure of speech here? I've always quite fancied Khan.

Mecky, the resident Zionist is jealous :)

And I agree with what Mr Khan has said. One of the most corrupt governments on earth (only Somalia and Afghanistan beat Pakistan), and we're giving them cash like there's no tomorrow.

Then again, we seem to be very supportive of Afghanistan too :cool:

That may or may not be true Bass, but the point I'm making is that the objections form many quarters have little to do with the economic and social development of Pakistan, I suspect they'd still be moaning if 100% of the aid was utilised correctly.
But this thread is about Imran Khan telling people just how much of the aid to Pakistan never reaches the intended recipients.

Let's keep on topic for once.

I'm not so sure people disapprove of aid to Pakistan because they're 'haters', or necessarily miserly (well, maybe a bit of the latter), but because Pakistan, like so many developing countries, is a lot better off than people realise and could redistribute its own spending very easily if it so chose.

My own view is that Pakistan would have budget for all the mops and buckets it now needs if it hadn't spent a billion or two on a nuclear programme.

They can afford quite a military budget with 2600 tanks and 1400 aircraft. We, for example, have about the same aircraft numbers but a quarter of the tanks, better though ours may be.

If Pakistan can spend $6 billion a year on defence, it doesn't need aid from us.

Exactly, thank God we can now say it without fear of the we'll spend you money wallahs jumping on our backs.

Exactly, thank God we can now say it without fear of the we'll spend you money wallahs jumping on our backs.

Bassman, would you say the same for nuclear Israel and the billions it gets in aid from the US ? :cool:

Pakistan is a country in serious trouble. It's intelligence agency has certainly been infiltrated by the Taliban. I'm pretty certain the intelligence were aware that Bin Laden had been living in the country for years. It was also established that the Pakistani intelligence service had a hand in the recent Taliban attack on the US embassy in Kabul.

Archived