Imran Khan says stop UK Aid to Pakistan

Pakistan is a country in serious trouble. It's intelligence agency has certainly been infiltrated by the Taliban. I'm pretty certain the intelligence were aware that Bin Laden had been living in the country for years. It was also established that the Pakistani intelligence service had a hand in the recent Taliban attack on the US embassy in Kabul.

ISI have been walking a tightrope ever since the russians were kicked out of afghanistan, the taliban were in part ncreated by them at the behest of the cia to fight the russians and then obviously after 9/11 they were expected to switch 180 degrees and turn on their creation, which was clearly never going to be easy. They have certainly been implicated in taliban attacks and terrorism against india, however they also provide a lot of intelligence to the CIA and MI6, it was the ISI phone taps on al qaeda mobiles that led to courier which led to bin ladin.

To be honest the sooner we can disengage from that whole part of the world the better, let the chinese play policeman for once as it's in their backyard.

Bassman, would you say the same for nuclear Israel and the billions it gets in aid from the US ? :cool:
The article by Imran Khan is about and directed at the UK and the aid that it gives to Pakistan informing us as to how virtualy none of the money reaches the needy.

How the hell Israel (GCP) gets a mention I'll never know, but if you continue trying to hijack the topic I'll report your silly post.

ISI have been walking a tightrope ever since the russians were kicked out of afghanistan, the taliban were in part ncreated by them at the behest of the cia to fight the russians and then obviously after 9/11 they were expected to switch 180 degrees and turn on their creation, which was clearly never going to be easy. They have certainly been implicated in taliban attacks and terrorism against india, however they also provide a lot of intelligence to the CIA and MI6, it was the ISI phone taps on al qaeda mobiles that led to courier which led to bin ladin.

To be honest the sooner we can disengage from that whole part of the world the better, let the chinese play policeman for once as it's in their backyard.

And severe restrictions should then be placed on people moving from Pakistan to the UK.

Most of the mulsim terrorist training camps are in pakistan, it's about time this open door to the trafficking of terrorism was stopped.

I agree with Imran Khan, though I think there are more reasons than it simply feeding corruption, such as looking both ways on terrorism and the rampant persecution suffered by religious minorities. Any aid given should have strings attached and awarded as and when they show they can make real reform.

It feel sick that I have contributed money via taxation to a country that has imprisoned and sentanced to death Asia Bibi, a Christian woman who has fallen victim to their state sponsored Islamic persecution and by continuing to contribute aid, we as a country condone what is being done to Asia Bibi. We should be sending the strongest message possible of our disgust and withdraw all aid.

I agree with Imran Khan, though I think there are more reasons than it simply feeding corruption, such as looking both ways on terrorism and the rampant persecution suffered by religious minorities. Any aid given should have strings attached and awarded as and when they show they can make real reform.

It feel sick that I have contributed money via taxation to a country that has imprisoned and sentanced to death Asia Bibi, a Christian woman who has fallen victim to their state sponsored Islamic persecution and by continuing to contribute aid, we as a country condone what is being done to Asia Bibi. We should be sending the strongest message possible of our disgust and withdraw all aid.

Your fake sympathy is pretty disgusting.

All because you want to score cheap points at the 'other' side.

Your fake sympathy is pretty disgusting.

All because you want to score cheap points at the 'other' side.

Nothing fake about it. Anybody with any sense of humanity and decency would think the same, attributes you're obviously distinctly lacking. I don't assume Asia is the only one to suffer human rights abuses in Pakistan, but it is one of the more publicised cases.

--

Nothing fake about it. Anybody with any sense of humanity and decency would think the same, attributes you're obviously distinctly lacking. I don't assume Asia is the only one to suffer human rights abuses in Pakistan, but it is one of the more publicised cases.

--

Hmmm..is it because she's a non-Muslim that you're so (apparently) concerned ? - what about Muslim women who are being abused ?

Or doesn't that really count in your world ? :cool:

Hmmm..is it because she's a non-Muslim that you're so (apparently) concerned ? - what about Muslim women who are being abused ?

In our world we protect minorities, including muslims, even if certain muslims are murdering as many people as they can. So naturally we as westerners look at cases of abuse of minorities in the third world in the same way we look at abuses of minorities in the west, as a bad thing. Nothing to do with muslims, just to do with protecting minority rights.

Actually, it's because she is a human being. Also I've raised issues of Muslims being persecuted in the world such as Ahmadis. Or are they not true Muslims to you?

Archived