Imran Khan says stop UK Aid to Pakistan

Thoroughly deserved though in this instance as it adds additional violence into the equation, rather than a stern telling off.

You mean in addition the beating?

Not only that:

Her punishment, however, did not end here. When Faryal’s class fellows learnt of the alleged blasphemy, the teacher brought the principal’s notice to the matter, who further informed the school management.

In the meanwhile, the news spread throughout the colony. The next day, male students of the POF colony school as well as certain religious elements took out a rally, demanding the registration of a criminal case against the eighth-grader and her expulsion from the area.

Prayer leaders within the community also condemned the incident in their Friday sermons, asking the colony’s administration to not only take action against Faryal but her entire family. In the wake of the increasing tensions, Managing Director POF Colony Havelian Asif Siddiki called a meeting of colony-based ulemas and school teachers to discuss the situation. The girl and her mother were asked to appear before the meeting, where they explained that it was a mere error, caused by a resemblance between the two words. The two immediately apologised, adding that Faryal had no malicious intentions.

In a move that was apparently meant to pacify the religious elements clamouring for action against the teenage ‘blasphemer’, the POF administration expelled her from the school on Saturday. Faryal was not the only one who got in trouble for her spelling error, however, as her mother, Sarafeen Bhatti, who was a staff nurse at the POF Hospital Havelian for several years, was immediately transferred to POF Wah Cantonment Hospital.

Don't tell me sscsux, this was all standard practice in your day, and she thoroughly deserved it. :roll:

--

Same as we were "beaten" in school (being a little older than you, I can remember capital punishment in schools - of a variety of flavours including "rulers across the knuckles" and the cane, and slipper).

Capital punishment in schools? :shocked: What kind of schools were these, madrassas?!:hihi:

Well, the countries below will lose direct aid over the coming years (by 2016) according to DFID

Vietnam

£54.3m

Lesotho

£5.1m

China

£34.5m

Angola

£3.7m

Indonesia

£25.1m

Kosovo

£3m

Iraq

£20.2m

Bosnia

£2.4m

Cambodia

£15.9m

Gambia

£2.2m

Burundi

£13m

Serbia

£1.7m

Moldova

£5.4m

Russia

£1.5m

Niger

£5.1m

Cameroon

£0.2m

Pakistan is supposedly to become one of the biggest recipients of UK aid money- but as far as I know, UK government has its eye on the corruption levels in the country.

I can see where Imran Khan is coming from- Pakistan is chronically corrupt and this is no thanks to the current PM, Asif "Mr 10%" Zardari.

Well, the countries below will lose direct aid over the coming years (by 2016) according to DFID

Vietnam

£54.3m

Lesotho

£5.1m

China

£34.5m

Angola

£3.7m

Indonesia

£25.1m

Kosovo

£3m

Iraq

£20.2m

Bosnia

£2.4m

Cambodia

£15.9m

Gambia

£2.2m

Burundi

£13m

Serbia

£1.7m

Moldova

£5.4m

Russia

£1.5m

Niger

£5.1m

Cameroon

£0.2m

Pakistan is supposedly to become one of the biggest recipients of UK aid money- but as far as I know, UK government has its eye on the corruption levels in the country.

I can see where Imran Khan is coming from- Pakistan is chronically corrupt and this is no thanks to the current PM, Asif "Mr 10%" Zardari.

why does china need aid?

China

£34.5m

Russia

£1.5m

If any politician or indeed anyone can justify why we are giving a penny to UNSC "permenant members" who parade themselves as important then i'll eat my hat. Bloody beggars with aspirations of granduer.

ISI have been walking a tightrope ever since the russians were kicked out of afghanistan, the taliban were in part ncreated by them at the behest of the cia to fight the russians and then obviously after 9/11 they were expected to switch 180 degrees and turn on their creation, which was clearly never going to be easy. They have certainly been implicated in taliban attacks and terrorism against india, however they also provide a lot of intelligence to the CIA and MI6, it was the ISI phone taps on al qaeda mobiles that led to courier which led to bin ladin.

To be honest the sooner we can disengage from that whole part of the world the better, let the chinese play policeman for once as it's in their backyard.

I think the Chinese are just a bit too smart to get themsleves tied up in that mess of a country

Archived